Finally Pics of my car!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CiViC_SOHC

Ok so I've been on this site for awhile and was not able to get ahold of a digi cam. Well I got one. And I think I found out why my car has been running like crap! Pictures are small I don't know how to blow them up.
2166208_5.jpg

^^^Wow black as can be.

2166208_1.jpg

2166208_3.jpg

^^Hood was popped.
2166208_2.jpg

^^Before my transformation
2166208_6.jpg

Skunk 2 lowering springs/KYB AGX adjustable shocks.

Wow, rich!

Wow, no hubcaps! :)

LX or DX? I can't see the tailpipe tip (if it has one)

How do you like the Skunk2 AGX combo?

:moved:

Ya sorry on the wrong spot I knew it was...took me to long to post pictures to redo where it was lol. It's a LX. It has a hyami exhaust. Tip is so black you can't see it :p becuase of all the oil burned lol. Ya hubcaps were in my garage. I didn't like them becuase the guy went to the junkyard and bought them and some steelies that day that I bought it...the hubcaps were broken lol. So I said screw it. I took the intake and valve cover off today just cuase I wanted to say I accomplished something today. The spark plugs were VERY black...that could mean detonation couldn't it? I should of got a close up of my ghetto Distributor. Its a Z6 distributor on a Y7 block. He somehow rigged it so it would run. I think my clutch is completely shot now becuase I tried to move it and I have no clutch pedal lol...and its full in fluid. O well! I like the Skunk2 AGX combo its a little stiff but thats becuase I have them set to 4 :p. Handles decent for having a bad CV Joint and all season tires. I havn't taken it to AutoX yet but just around turns and stuff in the country handles pretty smooth.

Cool.

LX :thumbsup:

Understand you on the hubcaps.

Good deal on the shocks. :)

You don't have to pull the valve cover and intake to pull the plugs!

Detonation will usually show up in electrode damage and white insulators, but black plugs could also be a result of preignition too. Look for damage on the tips- if there isn't any, then you might just be running super rich or have oil leaking into the combustion chamber. It's hard to tell from your small picture.

Ya it burns oil like a siv...It still looks ok its just really black...I know I dont' have to pull the intake and VC to pull plugs I just wanted to :mrgreen:! Timing I think is way off due to the wrong distributor being rigged...Its my back-up motor so as long as it runs I dont' care lol...maybe I should of kept the VC on...I threw away the gasket lol.

Go buy another gasket, then find out what the hell is leaking!

Quoted post[/post]]
Go buy another gasket, then find out what the hell is leaking!
I don't really care to know :p . im putting my D16Z6 in anyways...just gotta get my gasket set for that...and then it is good to go back together and go in my car...if I would stop being lazy and cheap I could probably have my motor running in my car before winter comes haha...I already got the P28 I just have to wire VTEC and drop motor in...I already have a Z6 TB and Z6 dizzy...

Nice, i like your plans, d series turbo ninja :ph34r:.
Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Ya I was gonna go body kit but I am just gonna get new fenders and bumpers...keep it stock looking with rims and lowered...gonna get a new QUITE exhaust...so all anyone hears is my BOV lol..Ill take more pics tommorow of the imperfections I have to fix...close-ups...its at the other house so I will get them tommorow for you guys when I wake up.

Back