Finally Pictures of my Car w/ dyno sheets

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

looks hot, nice motor, nice outside, only thing id change, EK type ARRGGHHH headlights.

sick ride, im jealous

Is the date on the dyno right? This wasn't in feb. was it?
BTW, good numbers & clean car. Get rid of those crappy tokico blues though. I'll be selling mine soon. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Impressive numbers for NA.
I like the overall look except the halo's. I would have gone with JDM black housings like mine.

BTW, why does your strut tower brace use only one bolt to attach? Seems like it would do little to nothing to help your turn in.

Originally posted by FFCiv@May 8 2005, 07:45 PM
shouldve went turbo
[post=496714]Quoted post[/post]​

:thumbsdown: :slap:

sweet numbers dude, now get some track slips and post em up B)

i still don't beleive it... lol the power i can see in the low 200's, but 170 ft lbs is nuts...

but, i guess i have to... :ph34r:

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@May 9 2005, 12:59 AM
looks hot, nice motor, nice outside, only thing id change, EK type ARRGGHHH headlights.

sick ride, im jealous
[post=496834]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks man, I had the type r headlights, but they started to get faded and fog up so I went with something different.

Originally posted by HatchSpeeD@May 9 2005, 02:04 AM
Is the date on the dyno right? This wasn't in feb. was it?
BTW, good numbers & clean car. Get rid of those crappy tokico blues though. I'll be selling mine soon. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[post=496858]Quoted post[/post]​

No the date is not right nor is the time, 5:30 in the morning LOL. Yeah my tokicos are about o get repl;aced, because they are starting to go out, they came with the car though. can't argue with that.

Originally posted by Prowler@May 9 2005, 03:04 AM
Impressive numbers for NA.
I like the overall look except the halo's. I would have gone with JDM black housings like mine.

BTW, why does your strut tower brace use only one bolt to attach? Seems like it would do little to nothing to help your turn in.
[post=496868]Quoted post[/post]​

The strut tower brace has two bolts on each side, not one. Maybe you missed it, even though it still doesn't help that much. Now my 4 point traction bar that I use to have that was pretty good. It's up for sale if anyone wants it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 9 2005, 08:44 AM
i still don't beleive it... lol the power i can see in the low 200's, but 170 ft lbs is nuts...

but, i guess i have to... :ph34r:
[post=496915]Quoted post[/post]​

Finally thanks.....

...im jealous.... i want :axe:

Originally posted by formby@May 9 2005, 10:44 AM
...im jealous.... i want :axe:
[post=496952]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok you can have it. Actually I am thinking about selling it, just testing waters anyhow. I would let it all go for $12,000. I can give a complete breakdown showing I spent about $30000 including the car's original cost.

Originally posted by jeffie7@May 9 2005, 10:42 PM
30000 USD? if so you got hosed
[post=497209]Quoted post[/post]​

Well I paid 9000 for the car back in 98 and it is a 97. I paid 4000 for the block head, tranny. I tried to put it in myself, blew a head gasket and had some serious wiring issues. From there I went to Groundzero and they redid my harness and did everything the right way. Then I started piecing some of the bolts on and finally tried to dyno it and found out the motor had some 13.5:1 cr pistons, so i had GZ tear the whole motor apart and sleeve it and did the whole nine to the block and put new pistons in it. while i was at it i put the head parts in it. Bought hondata andand tuned it again. Then there is the interior, leather seats, front and back, shifter and e brake cover and s2 short shifter and knob. Then there is all the bolts on, greddy exhasut, jdm type r header, str TB, cam gears, injen intake, AEBS intake manifold. Slipstreams black rotas, camber kit, sturts, springs, strut braces and the DVD player for the bling factor. What cost the most is paying the professionals to redo the things I messed up on and having to fix a motor that was for serious race only. That is ok thoughm because that is how I built my relationship with GZ. Now we are cool.

Yeah so it was $30000 the long way. It is a clean title though and everything was done the right way and the lessons learned were PRICELESS!!! :D

How can you put a price on 200+ HP to the wheels? :lol:
Nice car though mang. I wish mine was even close to as cool as yours is.

I had low $20s in my old civic and that was doing things the wrong way and having to redo them the right way. If I did things the right way from the start it would have only cost me around 15-16K total with the cost of the car. I sold the car to a friend of mine who has put new injectors in it and did a lot of his own work on the car.

BTW last time it saw the dyno it made 430WHP on pump gas and ran a 10.6 at the track.

$30K for low 200 WHP is a total waste of cash. You could buy so many turn key cars for 30K or less that would make MORE power from the factory WITH a warrenty.

Like I said... you got hosed.

Update I believe he just hit 570WHP HOLY SHIT WOOT WOOT
just found out.

What I think you don't get is, I started it as a project, messed up invested too much money and ended up having finish it up. I mean it was kind of a regret after all the time and hassles and headaches. If I knew what I knew now I would have done it for way less, but since I didn't I messed up and had to let the professionals do it and that is what cost the money. If I could do it over or knew it was going to cost this much I would not have done it. But since I bought the motor for 4k then it was all f'd up I had to save and let the shop fix it and then I was going to get it dynoed, but the pistons messed me up so I rebuilt the whole thing. What should I have done stopped in the middle and say ok I guess that is it, I took my old motor out and sold it and went through the headache of getting it here and just stop. NOPE I don't think so, so I continued problem after problem and finally 30k later here I am. I should be a lot faster, but I learned from it and after this car it will be a different story. So there you go. It's not like I just blew 30k all at once. It was over 2 years and I was too deep to stop.

Back