Finally Pictures of my Car w/ dyno sheets

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by khai_tuan_nguyen@May 10 2005, 01:06 AM
What I think you don't get is, I started it as a project, messed up invested too much money and ended up having finish it up. I mean it was kind of a regret after all the time and hassles and headaches. If I knew what I knew now I would have done it for way less, but since I didn't I messed up and had to let the professionals do it and that is what cost the money. If I could do it over or knew it was going to cost this much I would not have done it. But since I bought the motor for 4k then it was all f'd up I had to save and let the shop fix it and then I was going to get it dynoed, but the pistons messed me up so I rebuilt the whole thing. What should I have done stopped in the middle and say ok I guess that is it, I took my old motor out and sold it and went through the headache of getting it here and just stop. NOPE I don't think so, so I continued problem after problem and finally 30k later here I am. I should be a lot faster, but I learned from it and after this car it will be a different story. So there you go. It's not like I just blew 30k all at once. It was over 2 years and I was too deep to stop.
[post=497280]Quoted post[/post]​

I blew up 3 engines in 1 month. All from stupid things I over looked.
I still have less money in it.

are you talking USD or another type of money?

Originally posted by jeffie7@May 11 2005, 10:30 PM

[post=498037]Quoted post[/post]​

leave him alone. you're going after him over something as frivilous as the amount of money he spent and that's stupid. We all make mistakes and we all blow a lot of money on these cars...hell look at the money Pissedoff threw @ that del sol of his and look where it got him lmfao.

You car is really nice homie...congrats on the build and enjoy it

Yeah that is the point you spent less than me that is why you blew it three times. I didn't blow it once, but still had the professionals redo my car. When your car has been done right and is not getting blown then tell me how much you spent. Also you are talking about the motor, I am talking about $30000 US for everything, interior, exterior, motor, suspension everything.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@May 11 2005, 10:52 PM
Hey - just noticed you live in/around portland? Cool - I'm down in coos bay.

Nice car man
[post=498150]Quoted post[/post]​

Cool let me know when you are around the Portland area.

leave him alone. you're going after him over something as frivilous as the amount of money he spent and that's stupid. We all make mistakes and we all blow a lot of money on these cars...hell look at the money Pissedoff threw @ that del sol of his and look where it got him lmfao.

You car is really nice homie...congrats on the build and enjoy it
[post=498163]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for the backup

Originally posted by khai_tuan_nguyen@May 11 2005, 11:52 PM

Yeah that is the point you spent less than me that is why you blew it three times. I didn't blow it once, but still had the professionals redo my car. When your car has been done right and is not getting blown then tell me how much you spent. Also you are talking about the motor, I am talking about $30000 US for everything, interior, exterior, motor, suspension everything.
[post=498194]Quoted post[/post]​

You're right I over looked some things and what should have cost me 15K "total cost with car/wheels/radio..." cost me mid to low 20s since I over looked things. I spent something like 23K total on the car that is with all 3 motors and the cost of the car.

And once again 2 weeks ago it ran mid 10s

I'm only giving him crap becuase as B has noticed things just don't seem to add up.

You're right I over looked some things and what should have cost me 15K "total cost with car/wheels/radio..." cost me mid to low 20s since I over looked things. I spent something like 23K total on the car that is with all 3 motors and the cost of the car.

I'm only giving him crap becuase as B has noticed things just don't seem to add up.
[post=498728]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, but what kind of car and what kind of motor, what kind of rims, stereo? What work do oyu have done etc. etc. Clean title or salvage. Did you do the work yourself or have professionals do it. We are not all mechanically inclined and have to take it to the shop and in that case it will be more and like I said GZ is expensive, but well worth it.

Originally posted by khai_tuan_nguyen@May 13 2005, 12:43 PM

[post=498728]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, but what kind of car and what kind of motor, what kind of rims, stereo? What work do oyu have done etc. etc. Clean title or salvage. Did you do the work yourself or have professionals do it. We are not all mechanically inclined and have to take it to the shop and in that case it will be more and like I said GZ is expensive, but well worth it.
[post=498851]Quoted post[/post]​

95 Civic Coupe I bought for around 7500 from a dealership "can't rememeber the out the door price.

I had some Konig wheels. Kenwood MP3 headunit with a 8" sub in the rear. a B16 motor from 89-92 SIR motor.

I wanted to do the work myself but working full time didnt let me do that so I paid a shop to do as I asked.

At first I wanted a minor turbo setup with a pretty stock motor.... didnt last long =) I added SRP pistons, ARP headstuds as with a few other goodies on the next build. However I overlooked my weak ass head and shot a valve through one of my pistons breaking the top off.

I then figured welp if Im going to do this I might as well go all the way. I had the motor built from the bottom up to the top. From crowler springs/retainers to a Prodrive oilpump gear. I also had custom built JE pistons the shop I deal with used for a custom built Integra Type R that made 450WHP before a 100 shot of N20 on pump gas! I also had the motor resleaved with Darton sleeves and pretty much replaced everything inside the motor while at it. Only thing stock was the cams and crankshaft. I also used Honda OEM bearings for the crank shaft.

After that build I drive the car for almost a year as my daily driver. I then sold it and the guy who bought it also drove the car for a daily driver as with using it almost every other weekend as a track car.

Only issues I had was snaping the engine mount bolts clean off and having to drill out what was left. I had a 6 puck racing clutch (no springs) I also had solid engine mounts all the way around. The guy who I sold it to blew the clutch up. It lasted a good 20K miles so I think it did pretty well.

If I did it again I could build/have built the same setup the car currently has for well under 15K with the price of the car.

Once I buy a house and have room for a 2nd car in the garage as with my bikes I will build anoter one for shits and giggles.

Bottom line 30k is a lot of money for mid 200s WHP

a stock lower miles/refreshed B16 can make 280WHP with a good turbo kit.

All I'm saying is for 30K you could have had so much more. shit you could have bought an STI

p.s Clean Title I was the 2nd owner.

Originally posted by khai_tuan_nguyen+May 8 2005, 11:43 PM-->
Thanks Cal, that means a lot coming from an admin.
[post=496826]Quoted post[/post]​

:thumbsup:

It IS a really impressive setup.

Originally posted by jeffie7@May 9 2005, 11:12 PM
$30K for low 200 WHP is a total waste of cash. You could buy so many turn key cars for 30K or less that would make MORE power from the factory WITH a warrenty.
[post=497261]Quoted post[/post]​

:shrug2:

I've spent even more than that... and you can't compare a big turbo power curve to a responsive all motor power curve. Seriously.

Originally posted by spectacle@May 11 2005, 10:07 PM
[post=498163]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

micah
@May 13 2005, 05:08 PM
my epeen is the biggest
[post=498944]Quoted post[/post]​

:lmao:

Back