Finally saw my first 85mph sign today.

?

• Too fast...

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Finally, can get around a little quicker.

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • YES! Tickets will be cheaper now. w00t!

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cruising down a 65mph back road in north east arizona at night in my rental aveo, and the car coming at me starts flashing their high beams
i double check that my high beams werent on
he is still flashing
i double check my speed... im good
he is still flashing
(now im getting annoyed) i flash my high beams back
he goes past me... im looking in my mirror thinking to my self what a dick bag dafuq was his problem
suddenly a big ass black free range cow standing half in the fucking road
BRAKES!!!
SWERVE!!!
damn near shat myself man

someone needs to explain to those cows that its not safe for them to be fucking around in the road like that
and those damn cows really need to get some reflectors installed on them or something

aveo vs cow would not have been pretty for anyone involved

lmao. If you were driving a big truck you could have hit him and gotten some free beef.

yeah, 2 reasons it isn't lower (and 1 that it should be).

It's usually deserted
It's a toll road

....and it's deserted because it's way outside of town....with lots of animals running across....when you're doing 85 (be honest, 100mph) in the dark is scary once you see your second deer run by.

I guess I'm used to uh... "high speed commuting" in the dark. That's why I had over 500 watts of forward lighting on the Civic. It was like daylight on those lonely highways, no matter what the speed. :D

Yeah, that's why I'm really picky about lights in my cars. I'm tempted to put some rally lights on the CR-Z for next winter.

Im pretty sure none of my vehicles would even go 85, 65 gets pretty hairy from time to time in the Camry.

I guess I'm used to uh... "high speed commuting" in the dark. That's why I had over 500 watts of forward lighting on the Civic. It was like daylight on those lonely highways, no matter what the speed. :D

Yeah, where you used to live....i could totally see that being a necessity.

Im pretty sure none of my vehicles would even go 85, 65 gets pretty hairy from time to time in the Camry.
Agreed. The suspension in the Integra is too old for 85. I generally cruise to work at 65-70. I'm also not in a hurry to get there.

Yeah, that's why I'm really picky about lights in my cars. I'm tempted to put some rally lights on the CR-Z for next winter.

Yup. Very very picky about functional lighting. I don't like anything as in your face as rally lighting though- all mine still looked factory.

I make sure everything I drive is capable of high speeds- pretty necessary precaution driving the highways in Texas. The truck is good up to its speed limiter (need to remove it), the microvan does fine at 110, and the S2k is definitely stable at 150.

Yeah, where you used to live....i could totally see that being a necessity.
Oklahoma, more BFE than BFE Texas. :D
Agreed. The suspension in the Integra is too old for 85. I generally cruise to work at 65-70. I'm also not in a hurry to get there.
I'm always in a hurry going to and from work- I HATE commuting. :( 70 = run over by traffic behind you out here too.

I'm always in a hurry going to and from work- I HATE commuting. :( 70 = run over by traffic behind you out here too.
25 minute commute in the opposite direction of the morning commute. I'll be at 70 in the right lane. The way home is usually faster though.

Just because the limit is 85 doesn't mean you have to do 85. just make sure you keep your pokey ass to the right.

My truck is pretty stable up to 80 ish. i've had it at 100, but its prettty scary, especially if a cross wind hits. not to mention it gets like -4 mpg at that speed. lol
the car, it crusies like nothing at 120... it's even pretty good at 95 on snow tires :D (Q rated for 102) 140 is sitll pretty stable too, but thats about as high as i've taken it on a nice deserted straight. my flash removed the 145 speed limiter, but i've ha dno reason to go above that.

I'm still not sure what the speed limiter is on my CR-Z. I've never had it above 123, and that's because I ran out of road, and I forgot that H means 130 MPH and not 124. :(

Oh well, I may see again with my new Direzza II tires on, they're lighter than the winter tires.

I'll be happy when I see one of these here..

autobahn-end-of-restrictions-sign.jpg

25 minute commute in the opposite direction of the morning commute. I'll be at 70 in the right lane. The way home is usually faster though.

Most everyone is pushing 20 over on the morning commute, so 80+ in a 60.

Just because the limit is 85 doesn't mean you have to do 85. just make sure you keep your pokey ass to the right.

It's Texas! The speed limit is typically understood as a minimum. If you're not going over the limit, everyone rides your bumper until you get the hell out of the way, even the cops.

I'll be happy when I see one of these here..

autobahn-end-of-restrictions-sign.jpg

No limit on the Autobahn?

It's Texas! The speed limit is typically understood as a minimum. If you're not going over the limit, everyone rides your bumper until you get the hell out of the way, even the cops.

Quoted for truth. If you wanna do 55 in a 65, ill point you in the correct direction....the frontage road.

Quoted for truth. If you wanna do 55 in a 65, ill point you in the correct direction....the frontage road.
I've had a cop in Houston without his lights on zoom up behind me when I was cruising 85 in a 60 and wave me out of the way because I wasn't going fast enough... went from "oh shit I'm getting a ticket" to "holy shit this is hilarious" really quick. :)
Texans may not know what it means, but I guarantee that sign would make sense down here. ;)

Back