Finally!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

more pics around 2:30pm PST..

gonna meet the realtor after the home inspection and take some pics of everything so we can start figuring out what color everything is gonna be and whats gonna go where..

open for suggestions..
Just remember when you upgrade that you'll get the most back from doing the kitchen and bathrooms. So don't half ass it in those areas. In other places you can get away with cheaper stuff.

Goodluck...

just got back from the lenders office.. he estimated my monthly payment to be around $1100 including taxes and insurance.. interest rate is 5.3%

Did you have to have PMI? We couldn't swing the 20% or however much they wanted so the PMI added another 230.00 odd dollars to our payment for a total of 1967.20 a month. If you really want to see something sad look at the amoritization (sp?) table and look at what you will end up paying due to interest.

.. yea.. if we paid the house off it would be a total of $304k paid.. haha..

we put 0% down.. and closing costs are covered..

well since yesterday was a holiday and on friday the stupid ass realtor thats selling the house didnt have the power on for the home inspector.. the home inspection is today and i'll have more pics up later.. gonna take those pics into photoshop and start messing with colors on the walls.. just to see what i want, but we kinda have an idea of what we wanna do

When you go to paint if you are unsure or somewhat unsure if a color works in the room, buy the small test samples of colors. It could save you a buttload of $$$.

photoshop FTW!! .. haha.. just gotta find color samples online

yea.. i seen that on the Sherwin Williams Paint site.. it also shows your corresponding colors too

Becareful about looking at colors online. It will give you an idea of the color but it won't be exact. Sunlight, incandescent, and florescent lights will make colors look a lot different than they are on the pc screen. I used to work at a paint store and dealt with this a few times.

where would you suggest getting paint?? is Home Depot or Lowes paint okay? or should i go to Sherwin Williams..

Stay away from Home Depot (except for ralph lauren which I have heard is decent) and Lowes (some of there stuff is decent but I am unsure of which line). There paint might be cheaper but it can cost you more since you usually have to do more coats. Also the look of the paint is much better especially in a satin or a semi gloss. It looks a lot smooth. With a better paint you get a nice look, better washability (except for most flat paints which won't wash well because they trap dirt, but they hide imperfections), and better coverage. I would to an actually paint store or a hardware store with a dedicated paint department. Good brands Sherwin Williams, Ben Moore, and Pittsburg has some decent lines. Sears paint is made by Sherwin Williams and would be comparable to a midlevel SW paint. You will pay a little less by going to sears but the service of an SW will be well worth the extra couple of bucks. Find somewhere where the people are knowledgable and will sell you the right paint.
Hit me up with a PM sometime.

Word. My cousin manages Seattle Paint Company and they're a SW dealer. Semi-Gloss, or satin is great if you want a brigher more vibrant color, while an eggshell can do great things for a more intimate atmosphere.

Personally, I always paint my bathrooms with a latex based Semi-Gloss so the paint doesn't dry and crack.

Dude HD paint is fine With the cheapest you have to do 2 coats yes,so what? If you want to spend an sssload just because it has Sherwin Williams's name on it fine. If you looking to just get a nice color for a great price. Lowes and HD will be just fine.

Dont forget you have to prime the wall first if you using a totally different shade of color. That help to minimize coats as well. I like simple colors. if your into the really rare impossible shade and color that only the high dollar shops have then fine go the SW. Other than that bring a color sample and HD or lowes can match it up for you.

Dude HD paint is fine With the cheapest you have to do 2 coats yes,so what? If you want to spend an sssload just because it has Sherwin Williams's name on it fine. If you looking to just get a nice color for a great price. Lowes and HD will be just fine.

Its more than just a name. HD paint doesn't hold up over time that well. Years ago I primed and painted some windows. I used all the proper stuff and the shit all peeled off within a year.

Back