finally

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

R.E.Developement

Import King of Irvington
i finally got my ecu chiped in my jdm b16 91 integra. it is MAD serious! :rawr: the vtec kicks in at 4400 and it redlines at 9000. but it is a stock motor. the next thing that i want to get is a vtec controller and some ctr cams but do you think that i should get new valve springs and retainers?i seen some on ebay for a itr for around 256 or somethin :)

If you're going to rev that high, I would definitely recommend new valve springs and retainers. The ITR units are typically good up to about 8500rpm, and will be fine on top of CTR cams.

If you're going to get a VTEC controller, then why'd you get your ECU chipped in the first place?? And instead of cams, valve springs, retainers, and what not, I'd get a different block.

im getting a vtec controller cause when i get the car dynoed they can adjust my fuel curve and detemine when is it bet for tec to kick in so i can get the maximum power out. and its a feels chip for pw0 ecu's and dont worry im geting a bigger block soon. ;)

Back