Finals

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol someone procrastinated like a mofo.

I'm done with everything but mgmt 311. Shouldn't be too bad though. Definitely not worried.

I'm at VA Tech and I'm done with finals... going home today!!! :D :D :D

Only took 9 credits this year and I killed my finals. I actually just changed my major this semester from Mathematics to Civil Engineering, so I've got some catching up to do. As far as math goes I've taken vector geometry, calculus I & II, multivariable calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, intro to proofs, statistics I & II... and I think that's about it. Everything up until linear algebra & proofs wasn't too bad.

See I'm more of a numbers and equations kinda guy, where I can play with different types of equations and derivatives where you can find actual solution(s) too. Once my math classes started becoming more "theory based" classes, and I was writing more English than actual numbers I was like, fuck this.

Civil engineering will get me more money anyways, and plus I'll be able to get a job pretty much anywhere.

But yeah, good luck guys!

Engineering FTW! People pretty much throw jobs at you time graduation. I'm a mechanical, but I've taken alot of the classes you mentioned. Statics I and II, and a shitload of calcs.

God that paper just fucked me in the ass.

There goes that A. I hate that fucking feelings. Some stupid little project, but the topic I was given was so fucking simplistic that an in depth analysis was difficult. Can't make shit into chardonnay.

One time I had to write like an 8 page paper on my school...it was so stupid.

but i have no idea what you guys are talkin about i'm only a senior in highschool..

wait, you're taking pre-cal in your senior year of college????????????

i had pre-cal in 8th grade...

And see, that's where I'm stuck. Because not only do I not know exactly what I want to do, but I'm also to the point that I'm completely burnt out on school. I can't stand it. I don't mind doing the work, but just school in general, I'm so tired of it. So there's that. Reading your post made me start to think about going in as undecided right away, but the fact that I don't know how well I'd do in regards to focusing on it and suckin it up and doin it, I think I might end up wasting my time and money. My buddy did that, went to college, dropped out after I think a semester and a half, then in the spring, went to a different college for a little under a semester, and now he's going all the way to Colorado. Honestly, he's got so much debt racked already and nothing to show for it, and that's the last thing I want.

it might be a little late but ...

I know how you feel dude .. have you looked into trade schools?

I know i love music with out a doubt so im going to go get my audio engineer certificate (8 or 9 month school) and start on my career.
Then once i decide im ready for school again i plan on taking classes and majoring in what ever i finally decide on.

Im looking at my last couple months of school and im tired and ready to be done with it all too, but i realize i need some sort of higher education to start making any real money. so Trade school untill college, so i will atleast have a decent income.

wait, you're taking pre-cal in your senior year of college????????????

i had pre-cal in 8th grade...

Who said pre-calc?

I said I took pre-calc in college, but not my senior year. Also high school classes =! to college courses. You accomplish more in half of a college semester than you do in a year of high school. I would have loved to have taken pre calc and calc in high school and not have taken them in college.

My college doesn't accept many transfer credits for pre-calc or calc, because it argues the course syllabus of other colleges aren't as complicated, therefore you're pretty much forced to take it here.

Math ftl. stat and econ stat are much better than calc, and I still hate them to death.

I'm taking an algebra right now that is Equivilant*(equivilent?) to a college credit class at any University or College here in Oregon...it's tough but not to bad I guess.

We have 'AP' classes or 'Advanced Placement' which are 'true' college course material, so if taken, you enter the second tier once in college. I had most of my AP classes finished in 11th grade (aka Junior year in High School) so when I went into college I was pretty much already in my 2nd year.

We have 'AP' classes or 'Advanced Placement' which are 'true' college course material, so if taken, you enter the second tier once in college. I had most of my AP classes finished in 11th grade (aka Junior year in High School) so when I went into college I was pretty much already in my 2nd year.

If you plan on college I highly recommend the AP classes. It will save you a shitload of money when you don't have to pay for thoes credit hours.

If you plan on college I highly recommend the AP classes. It will save you a shitload of money when you don't have to pay for thoes credit hours.

I think it's clear that I've been through college... but if you're talking to others, yes, I agree. Saved me almost a full year.

:) I didn't say you disagreed, just it sounded like you were saying 'if you're gonna go to college...' meaning 'you' as 'me' since I was quoted. My mistake. Carry on!

I'm just gonna use the excuse that I took 2 finals today for me not making any sense

AP classes work if the college accepts the credit and you can pass the tests at the end of the year.

Its smart because AP classes aren't truly college courses as they disguise themselves. I took plenty of AP's in high school and never did I have anywhere near the course load of an actual collegiate course, with the exception of county college. County college was like a big high school, which again was an intelligent way to save money and skate through the education system.

AP was great. Got me some solid credits junior and senior year of high school. Definitely worth it and cost only about 90bucks for ever 5 credits. Talk about saving some serious coin.

AP classes work if the college accepts the credit and you can pass the tests at the end of the year.

Its smart because AP classes aren't truly college courses as they disguise themselves. I took plenty of AP's in high school and never did I have anywhere near the course load of an actual collegiate course, with the exception of county college. County college was like a big high school, which again was an intelligent way to save money and skate through the education system.

Hence I put it in quotes. I thought AP was a joke... I was like 'we have less work than the normal class... is this for real?' But yeah, it's pretty much easy.

Back