Finals

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

^ werd.

half the time a bachelors is a waste of time too.

unless you want to be a teacher, or going for your MBA, or med school/sciences/engenieering, i think a masters is a waste

Statistically speaking, what you think is shit.

I agree, I would only get my masters if the cost of education was supplemented by my employer or another scholarship but its been statistically significant proof has shown that those who hold masters degrees, generally, earn more than those with bachelors degrees. The same could be said for a bachelors degree in comparison with a high school diploma and then high school in comparison to uneducated.

Its just the field that you're in is technology and its so rapidly changing that the industry needs a high influx of new bodies that are on top of the latest information. In a fast moving, hands on field, you can get away and be successful without a degree.

Running your own company, or having major connections with an upstart company can allow you to get by without a degree as well. However, its very difficult to walk into a fortune 500 company (which I know you have expressed you have little interest in, B) and walk into a high paying position without a bachelors degree, if you're even remotely thinking about higher level management you'll need at least a masters in most cases.

These are all generalities. I just did an empirical study on CEO compensation versus a number of different variables and Steve Jobs was a complete outlyer, being the number one compensated CEO in America and he doesn't hold a degree. Bill Gates would have slammed the curve as well, if he hadn't stepped down from his CEO position. Clearly, you can make good money without a degree but you're far less likely.

So what chu tryna say? Chu's my masta now?! So whut you got cho masta's degree. I can count too... one two fo five so whut?

/chris rock

I fucking failed physics. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. I'm so screwed.

u be good for sure, hbut i might be durnk

u still fine J

youll do well'

gogggggggggggggggggggg

My weekend sucks. last night i stayed up until 2am working on an AutoCAD project that I already did, but the program f'ed up and didn't save it. I had 30 pages of layouts of different plans for a building, and apparently when i saved every few minutes it wasn't working, so when i went to open it up to print the next day the project wasn't there. I had to spend all of last night redoing it. luckily it was just a bunch of layouts, not the actual 3d model that i had lost.

today and tomorrow I have about 3300 math problems to do for my algebra class. I never did my h.w. throughout the semester, and thought i could get by on tests only, then last week I thought a test was on Thursday, but when i walked into class on Tuesday, realized it was then. So I basically put my name on the test, handed it in, and walked out. It was on matrices, and I hadn't studied shit for it. The professor is really cool, and knew my mistake, so he gave me 20%, haha.

I can't get lower than a C in this class because I got accepted to Cal Poly Pomona for the Spring quarter and this math class is required or else I can't go. Right now i'm really stressing because its taking longer than i thought, and I only have till Tuesday to turn this shit in and take the final and hope he gives me a C.

u be good for sure, hbut i might be durnk

u still fine J

youll do well'

gogggggggggggggggggggg

Kids this is an example of what you shouldn't be doing when you have three finals in the coming two days.

Just finished my last one 15minutes ago. I thought I tore most of it up, but then I got hung up on a few questions. I just got back a huge empirical project, in econstat, that I just got a 100 on though.

One A so far, need a couple more.

MAE 475 - Spacecraft Design - take home final + presentation at NASA. brutal, but not too bad. take home was easy

MAE 434 - Experimental Aerodynamics - final took me the full 2 hours but i feel good about it

MAE 426 - Jet Propulsion - no final, just a thermodynamic analysis and report on a random jet engine. got a B in the course (skipped some HWs cause im a slacker lol)

MAE 316 - Analysis of Engr. Systems/Numerical Methods - final fucking blindsided me. entire grade is based on quizes(40%) and midterm(30%)/final(30%). i missed 1 quiz and aced the rest. and bombed the final (19/30) and still pulled a C. this is my third time taking this course (1 fail, 1 drop). its total BS, the quizzes and midterm were easy, i literally only had to study on my way to class, and this final was insanely hard. but whatever, he may still curve the grade to a B, but ill be happy with a C.

COMM 105 - Intro to Mass Media Comm. - easy. nuff said lol.

2 more semesters and i graduate with my AE degree :) too bad my next 2 semesters are going to be hellish classes lol.

Finals? I say fuck finals. I'm in highschool with my car in the shop I gotta get my swap done this week so I'm just blowing most of them off my 6 weeks grades will cover me :D.

I fucking failed physics. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. I'm so screwed.

haha, Jordan, you're in good company.

I walked out of my econ stat exam thinking I got around a 85 or at worst an 80. I had just gotten a 100 on the empirical project that was a large portion of my grade and I had to have had an A- average between my other test grades, quizes, and the project.

Factor in a 58 for my final and yayyyyyyyyyyyy, that one test just raped my gpa. There were a fuckton of 50's and 60's in the box of grades exams that he left outside of his office, hopefully he curves it.

I was supposed to take my math final today at 6:30 pm. I was in the library at 5 studying and about 5:30 the whole power for the school and surrounding neighborhood went out. I guess a car hit a power pole. It was kind of funny hearing the people in the elevators freaking out, and all the dumbasses trying to get out fast.

I got lucky as shit because I wasn't sure about some of the stuff. I went over to my classroom and the professor waited around to hear something, and they said the power would be off until atleast 10pm. He let us go, and said that if you are happy with your current grade then you don't have to take the final, if you do want to take it then it's a take home exam. Haha. After we all left, i was waiting around for traffic to die down, and the lights came on, no more than 15 minutes after he let us go.

Now I have till 6pm tomorrow to get this thing done.

gotta love those teachers that curve a lot :) Like my english 3 teacher she gots the hots for me or something she talks to me different then the rest of the class and all I do is sit around and talk with friends in that class. But then someone next to me will copy my paper and the grades come back I have a 80 and they got a 60 it's hilarious everyone hates me in there :).

for a final exam once me and a friend did the exact same thing for the same teacher and we both got different grades ...

So far have an A and A- back for grades, waiting on the other two.

Back