find out if being dropped from ins?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

you think its smart to call up your insurance company and ask them if you make a near 4000 claim that you will be dropped?

you said INS, Immigration & Naturalization Service. you title made it look like you're gonna be deported.

but back on topic, it doesn't hurt to call. but is this a 'what if' call or 'what now' call.

no it is no customary for an insurance company to "drop" a client because they have a large claim- Dropping clients based on claims is counterintuitive to what an insurance company wants to do- they want to make money off of you and if they dropped you then they would be losing money- Of course they're going to keep you on, and raise your monthly payment to some crazy amount so that they can "recover" the money they had to pay out on your claim

No, not always just like that. It would have to do with the situations.....

If it were a COMP. claim, then they will never drop you.

If it were a COLLISION claim, they would just raise your monthly payment UNLESS its your second or more claim, then they would consider it.

If their were injuries, then they would not drop you because of that reason alone.

Pretty much for first offenses they will not drop you unless you have been late on a lot of your payments then they might consider it.

If your on your mom and dad's policy, then the only thing that they will do is exclude you as a driver so their would be no coverage when and if you drive (just like street racing).

It really depends on your situation. PM me for more info.

$4000 is nothing! Seriously. I totalled a $13,000 car when I was 16. Then, when I was 17 or 18, my car got hit in a hit-and-run & that cost somewhere around $6000-$8000. My insurance company never tried to drop me.

But if you're that worried, you can always call up & post a "hypothetical question".

ok, well i have full coverage. i hit a guardrail, need new bumper, door, front and rear 1/4 panels, molding, and rear bumper...i think i can live with teh front, as that isnt that bad. im on my parents policy. i have 3 tickets, and this accident. we are in some sort of higher bracket due to me, my brother and father. He is afraid that we will be dropped, or ill be forced to be on my own, and with 3 tickets and a 4000 accident, itll by stupid high.

What state is the policy written for, and which ins. company do you have?

D'oh! Which turn? Picknick Table Turn? Chicane? Or that beastly high speed decreasing radius turn on the backside, just before the esses and Mad River Glenn- ya know... the one that you enter doing about 110, and have to slow down to around 40 to make it out of the turn?

the picnic table turn. didnt go in too fast, just my passenger side got into the sand, slid, and that was the end of that. from the looks approaching it, the only sand was in the shoulder, then right in the middle of the turn, sand was covering almost 1/2 the lane... trying to turn on sand doesnt really work too well.

big :doh: and an :oops:

haha... Yeah, that turn's called the Quebequa Killer for that reason. All the Canadian sport bikers come down in the spring time and lowside on that turn. It's kinda fun- pack a lunch and sit at the table and watch the wrecks. Sometimes you get to keep pieces of the fairings. Also, next time you're up there, park just uphill of the turn on the inside, and go look over the outside railing... you wouldn't believe how much broken glass and plastic is laying on the ground. :p

I almost lost it in that turn two years ago in the springtime... I was in my Civic and was taking a friend for a ride up the hill. As I entered that turn going uphill, the rear rotated around and got into the gravel. I downshifted to 2nd and floored it. It was JUST enough to restrain the skid at a steady rate and basically drifted ala dori-roku around the whole turn. It was fucking badass. My friend shat his pants and I'm like, "I'm the fucking man!" We went back to look at the skid marks from the rear tires, and they were about two and a half feet from the guard rail, pretty much the whole way around the turn.

Hind sight is 20/20, but now you know why it's best to wait 'till mid April to run that road at speed. :)

yeah well it rained like hell up here for two days, so i figured why not go. i didnt go balls out, but i guess i should of waited a few more weeks.... my friend nick ate it (kid with neon, ji) at the turn with the white rocks before it.

Yeah- that turn with the white rocks is the decreasing radius turn. Here's a hint about that turn: Those rocks are your braking marker. You can't see the apex of the turn 'till it's too late, but once you're beside those white rocks, you're going to want to get deep into the brakes to slow down enough for the turn. It's VERY intimidating because it comes up really fast and you can't see the rocks 'till they're RIGHT there, but after you go around it a few times at slower speeds, you get used to it. It's one of those "blind faith" turns, where you put all your faith into knowing that the rocks are coming up at some point.

s4069f7e204e3a.jpg

s4069f7f1222f5.jpg

s4069f7ff5cc73.jpg

s4069f8098648a.jpg

s4069f8117a136.jpg

s4069f81855742.jpg

s4069f8201388f.jpg

s4069f8283f7c3.jpg

yeah, the fender in the back bent down so it rubbed the back tire, thats why the spare is on there.

Back