find out if being dropped from ins?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:doh: That looks hot with the donut, though. Leave it like that. Or get three more. :D So what did you tell your parents?

me: hey dad, whats up?
dad: just work, whats up with you?
me: i hit a guardrail.
dad: what?!
me: i hit a guardrail.
dad: well what the hell were you doin?
me: driving, then sliding, then stopping along side of a guardrail.
dad: god dammit.
me: my thoughts exactly.
dad: well where are you?
me: Rt 17
dad: where the hell is that?
me: 30 or so min out of burlington.
dad: what were you doin out there?
me: going for a ride.
dad: sure went for a ride, huh?
me: yup.

then it just went on as what to do with the car, call the police or not.... Called my mother, she wasnt too pleased. They were at first like, shit happens, i understand. but today when i talked to my mom, she was all pissed about the cost, which is totally understandable. I know this is a big deal, i know that shit is gonna go down... i dont have the money, neither do my rents... they are scared to call insurance company..for fear of being dropped or having stupid high rates (understandable as well). Its one huge ass headache.

I'd either fix it yourself or keep it as a rally car(for the winter months rounding the picnic table). Get a car that you appreciate and keep it off the guardrail.

Get another doughnut tire and practice your drifting. Report the car as stolen and ditch it somewhere. Um, hit your buddies beater and collect the insurance. At least your friend could benefit somehow.

I just like to entertain ideas, I wouldn't actually rip off an insurance company. Not for a small amount at least.

what's the y/m/m of your car? oh, mileage too.. it looks totaled to me :ph34r:

your insurance company can and could drop you for one comp claim or one collision claim if they felt the risk was too high for your current rate.

If your adjuster feels that this is a speed related loss that could be an indicator of an unacceptable underwriting risk they'll flag your policy to be reviewed by underwriting. Underwriting will run your MVR and look for other indicators that your driving isn't up to par (i.e. speeding tickets).. If the one loss no longer meet your company's guides for drivers in your class (sgl male 18-29 I'm guessing) or they find other adverse information on the MVR then you'll get dropped. :(

If it still drives straight, just pound out the rear fender and run it. :p Buggery about that, though. I guess no turbo this summer, then?

well if we go through insurance, ill have turbo this summer. if we dont, i need to pay 2/3's of the bill....so i need to come up with, around, 2200 bucks. Less if i can find parts on my own.

i have one class on mon, 3 on tues, none on weds, 2 on thurs, and 2 on fri.

the verdict is in. In sept, prudential is "selling" their auto ins to another company. So come sept, we would be re-evaluated, and dropped OR me being forced to my own plan. so what this means is, we are paying out of pocket....me paying 2/3's of the whole thing (bye bye turbo :() man, hitting shit isnt fun.

Back