Find the haunted places

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

"Black Diamond - Black Diamond Cemetery - On foggy nights, if you look at the cemetery, you can see the swinging lights of a coal miner's lanterns"

Holy Shit, I lived about 45 minutes from Black Diamond, in a town called Enumclaw...Sometimes my dad and I were driving at 3 or 4 in the morning so he could go on business trips, and I remember seeing lights in there, but I had never heard the story. :ph34r:

"Panama City - Confetti's a Nightclub/Eatery - Objects moving and a smoky apparition have been observed by the staff here."

Lol, confetti's used to be a gay bar, I've been in there a few times (shut up asshats, they had funny ass drag shows and strait nights)

Good find, babe. :wub:

In browsing the various states, I see that some talk about physical harm coming to someone by a ghost. People, ghosts CANNOT physically harm you. Period. End of story. However, they can attach themselves to you and severely affect your personality and emotions.

Unless you know what you're doing and how to protect yourself, I'd honestly just not go looking for trouble in these places.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Oct 26 2003, 10:19 PM
In browsing the various states, I see that some talk about physical harm coming to someone by a ghost. People, ghosts CANNOT physically harm you. Period. End of story. However, they can attach themselves to you and severely affect your personality and emotions.

But it is so much better to damage someone emotionally and psychologically rather than physically, ghosts know what they are doing :)

If I find myself bored/drunk at 11 pm on Friday night after snatch n grabbing littile kids' candy bags, I might go check some out :)

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Oct 26 2003, 10:23 PM

But it is so much better to damage someone emotionally and psychologically rather than physically, ghosts know what they are doing :)

No, it's because they CAN'T do anything physically because they're on a totall different plane than you and I. It's nothing to :) about. It's some pretty serious shit that about 95% of you couldn't get yourselves out of... Don't take it lightly.

A.) If you beleive in ghosts, then you will beleive what they aare capable of.

B.) It's all in your mind, if you think a place is haunted, you are going to beleive that it is, therefore your own mind is fucking you up.

C.) I was referring to us, damaging people's mind rather than beating the shit out of them. I for one, do beleive in apparations, wraiths, ghosts, whatever...science or some bullshit just can't explain some things that happen.

That was cool. I'm actually going on a haunted tour in a few weeks.
Has anyone seen that "Unsolved Mysteries" episode back in like 86 or so(I know it's been on TLC and some other networks too) where the girl was haunted by a telepathic ghost? It's the famous photograph where the girl is sitting in a chair, the photographer on a couch (he's outta the pic) and a phone sitting on the nightstand. Well the phone flies across the room like 5 times with no one obviously touching it and each time the photographer would hold the camera up to take the pic, nothing would happen. So finally he leaves the camera in his lap (not up to his eye) and the phone flies. He snaps the pic and boom the phone is flying. The ghost is obviously not seen in the photo but that pic made me believe that ghosts exist. :unsure:

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Oct 26 2003, 10:32 PM
its all a figment of your imagination.....self induced psychosis.

:werd:

If I hear one more story about little girls pushing cars up hills... I'm going to start killing people. Of course there's gonna be fingerprints on your hood when you add powder... you open your hood don't you? ARGHH... (not directed toward anyone on this board).

Hayward - Vic Hubbards - An Employee was killed by a dropped engine block, some employee's say he haunts the warehouse behind the shop. Haunting includes "clowning on ricers", "stealing altezza lights"

hahaha my friends hang out there...

Originally posted by brntorangehatch@Oct 26 2003, 08:26 PM
Hayward - Vic Hubbards - An Employee was killed by a dropped engine block, some employee's say he haunts the warehouse behind the shop. Haunting includes "clowning on ricers", "stealing altezza lights"

hahaha my friends hang out there...

haha, you must be from the same area where i grew up, castro valley.

damn, there's a lot by me.... and i don't buy a lot of this shit....

here we go :)

Bristol - Church of Eternal Light - Formerly one of the three original churches built in Bristol by the Sessions family, church was built late 1800 to early 1900, (not sure of date). has been on national T.V. show , a ghost hunter filmed ghost balls or spirit balls. There are also reports of a former churchgoer who was struck by lightning on the front steps. There have also been reports of an apparition seen in the bell tower.

never heard of this church. However, the sessions family is "well known" as being a rich manufactering family and stuff...

Bristol - Lake Compounce Amusement Park - The oldest running amusement park in the world. The first hauntings date back to the opening of the park in the late 1800's when the ghost of the former owner of the land, Chief Compounce, who killed himself in the lake the day before the land was to change hands. Since that time, every building on the land has experience hauntings at one time or another. As well, death has been a plague at the park. In recent years, a child died from injuries received from a near drowning it the lake, a worker was killed underneath a rotor ride, and another was decapitated by a roller coaster. Most of the hauntings have occurred in the Star Light Ball Room. It was said, but this author has not confirmed, that the head of the Norton family, who bought the land from Chief Compounce, died after mysteriously falling from a ladder. The park is now under new management, and is running successfully. However, the park still employs overnight security service people, who all, without prior knowledge of hauntings, have all disclosed their fears and sightings around the park.

bah- thats a bunch of bullshit. the people who died were fucktards.
1 dude was a maintenece dude mowing the lawn... had head phones on. when the mornign test ride of the rollercoaster came around, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, and never heard it coming due to the ear phones.

the worked killed under the rotor ride went after some dudes hat, and then the ride came down on him. moron. give that fucker a darwin award, not a haunting.

as for the ball room- that shit burned down in the late 80s if memory serves..... im not sur eif it was re-built or not... my aunt worked there for 6 years when she was going to college and getting her masters. never heard 1 story from her.

over night security? 1 fat bitch in a booth. thats about it.

walk 20 feet, and you can get in through the woods. go on a hike from the top of the mountain, and you can walk right up to the top of the chair lift. some security.

Bristol - Peacedale Cemetery - Sightings of a white wolf that walks down near the banks of the stream that runs through this cemetery are usually sought by those who have a deep emotional problem bothering them.

2500 feet from my house probably...

to the best of my knoweldge, there is no stream in this cemetary. if it is, its tiny as fuck and hidden, cuz i've never seen it, and two of my great uncles are burried in this cemetary, so yes, i've been there.

as for the wolf- there's foxes and wolves all over the place lately... hell, not too long ago, a black bear trotted through my backyard.

it's amazing what city boys will write

Bristol - Pine Lake Area - Feelings of being followed, now a high ropes course, occasionally hearing ropes tighten as if being swung from, loud footsteps in the leafy ground, whispers, and shouts, over all spookiness.

ropes course was built by the local boy scout troops and what not. if you are being followed, you probably are. there's more ducks, geese, frogs, and other things that smell in a swap/pond environment there than any other place in bristol.
whipesers and shouts? its a baseball throw from emmet st- ghetto #3 of bristol. you're probably hearing yolanda and haaaakim going at it in a domestic dispute.

Burlington - Torries Den - Located on the blue trail there has been reports of drum beats coming from the area at night some people also say that they have seen Satan there.

This, i will vouch for. Although i personally have never heard the drum beats, i have heard of some wierd shit going on in there....

Funny though, this is not in Burlington- its in Terryville. The torries go back to the rev. war, and the torries would meet there. it's basically a pretty cool cave.

Burlington - Green Lady Cemetery - Covey Road - Images of green mist and the "Green Lady" formerly Elisabeth who died next to the cemetery in swampland-she drown and supposedly her husband would not or could not save her. She is seen walking on the dirt road the cemetery is located on in a green mist.

Every halloween, there are cops on patrol in the area. I've always wanted to see her, and have driven by this road many a time... but agian, haven't seen shit, and neither have nay of my friend. it is a freaky place though... old foundations- a grave yard, a dirt road.... freaky place. probably how all the rumors and shit got started.

Cornwall - Dudley Town - A deserted town that is said to have gone mad and died off, located in Cornwall, CT. After a long walk through the woods the path opens up to reveal old foundations and cellar holes from a lifetime ago. Here it is said that glowing orbs of light can be seen swirling around, and on occasion have even occurred during the day. There are many reports of odd happenings occurring to those that visit Dudley Town. Hearing faint drum sounds, feelings of dread and sadness, and feeling a presence all around you. - Update - People are not allowed in there anymore. Cops DO watch and will ticket even if you drive up there to the entrance.

perhaps the most fucked up place on earth, EV4R. Since Blair Whitch Project came out, cops got strict on people going into the area. Frankly, its JUST like the movie.
Although I personally have never been, my buddy kevin went up there a lot. ONe night, in his BRAND new car with like 2k miles on it... it just wouldn't start when they went to leave. soemthing freaked them out, and they ran back to the car to dip out of there... and then it wouldn't start. being on a hill, they rolled down the hill. tried again, 1000 feet away or so, and it started right up. fucking wierd. 3 witnesses that were with him vouch for it too.
but more than that, i've just in general heard some fucked up shit about what goes on up there....
i'd like to go, but its now "private property" and getting your car towed from the middle of NO WHERE (its kinda by chet's house... lol) sucks when you are freaked out.

East Granby - Old Newgate Prison - It was originally a copper mine in the 1700s. It became a prison to hold Tories and loyalists in the Revolutionary war. It also held confederates in the civil war and is now a tourist attraction. In one area in the mine, a man's face is seen in the rock because the ceiling collapsed on top of him. The last man to be killed there was trying to escape through the well by climbing up the rope. On his way up, the rope snapped. He was either killed by impact or drowning.

i've been to this a couple times when i was a kid. i don't recall ever seeing a face, but i do remember the rope story. its a really fucked up place. I might have to go back and visit again :)

Farmington - Farmington Riverside Cemetery - Heard voices, smell of roses, several photographs contained multiple orbs of various colors. Area surrounding cemetery (Miss Porters property) watched by spirit children and other forms. Psychic medium channeled entity on site for several minutes.

Ahh... miss porters.... every rich 14-17 yr old boarding school bitch. lol mostly hot upper class bitches. end of story. i never heard of this cemetary (located across the street from the far back of the school campus) being wierd....

Kensington - Chamberlain Highway (Rt.72) - Coyotes are native to this area. So every fall-spring in the houses around, you hear coyotes yelping in the late night hours, after about 5 minutes of this, you hear a trumpet. Anywhere along RT.72 (Chamberlain Hwy) you hear them.. Legend has it, that at Ragged Mountain off Rt.72 in the late 1800's a young trumpet boy had gotten lost around his new home, and he was lost with his trumpet. And coyate's have gotten to him, So this is his call for help, Just to late.

The Chamberlain highway is actually rte 71. make your own opinion about the rest of this story's validity.

Lampson Corner - Route 69 - An area between Burlington and Bristol CT. on rte 69, as the story goes the village was wiped out by small pox. People who have gone up there say they have seen strange apparitions.

Never heard of it... I live right off rte 69 on the burlington border...

vilage? there are no foundations of any type.
corner? i can't picture the area at all...

i've biked in these woods pretty much every inch since i was a kid. there are 2 abandoned brick shacks off a drit road, and thats about it. they look like WW1 era shelters more than a house. small as fuck, used plaster/cement in between the rocks. doubtful small pox took out anything.... if it did... it took the foundations with it.

Litchfield - Old Mount Tom - On the trail of Mount Tom, there is a strangely old foundation that is boarded with creaky old stair wells and when you get to the top, you can hear moaning from the floors below. Some people gave reported seeing strange semi transparent images though the images are not clear. The ghost is said to be a high school kid who died while on the trail. The name is unknown, and some people have even had communications with this "ghost."

last time i was there, the entire "house" they describe was chained off. not sure why or if this is the reason.... but i call BS on this one as well.

Meriden - Hubbard Park - A young girl was said to be kidnapped and brought into some woods at Hubbard Park and now haunts the park. She will save those being kidnapped of killed and kill the ones who are kidnapping or killing. She is said to look like a 7-year-old girl and she will laugh when she kills someone bad.

uhhhhhhh ok???? quite possibly the most popular park in CT. real nice area, a tower drive, rec areas and all that. dennis can vouch. i've never heard of anything like that going on.

Unionville - Unionville Cemetery - This cemetery is home to multiple hauntings. One of the best known is the white lady. She is said to wander the cemetery around mid-night. She is also accompanied by multiple orbs of light, voices, and other apparitions. On Halloween the local police are stationed around the cemetery’s stone wall to keep kids out.

unionville is about the size of 3 football fields. seriously. there are no U-ville cops.
more over, i can't think of a cemetary in the area. closest one is the green lady in burlington a couple miles over....

now, over to new york- where i went to school... and some sick shit went on...

Poughkeepsie - Marist College - As the story goes; Shelly was killed by a jealous boyfriend in the school's cafeteria. Since then, she has been a presence in Sheahan Hall, where she lived. Most of her activity involves folding clothes, opening/closing doors, screwing with televisions and occasional bumps in the night. She may also be linked to some strange occurrences at a grotto dedicated to those who died at Marist.

Shelly was WELL talked about. the "grotto" is where we used to smoke pot. lol. well, let me tell you something. its a cave like kinda mural.... and we used to go on top of the rock and get high. now, i don't know if it was the weed or what, but i've left that place running like a bitch on many occasion.

I lived in Sheahan hall my fresh. year. The quote is bogus though, at least from what i know- as shelly was killed in her room in Champagnat hall by her jelous b/f. who knows..... My g/f at the time, brooke, lived on the 3rd floor (top) of our dorm, and she said that shit like the laundry and all that happened all the time. drawers would randomly be opened and closed... roomate wouldn't admit to it anyway- but she was never there, so i bought it. Freaky shit went on. Hell, i think i got laid once because of Shelly. lmao! chick was freaked out- brian came to comfort :D

that's all the site mentions about marist- but i can name a lot more wierd shit... maybe after i'm done with this long ass post....

Poughkeepsie - Mid-Hudson Psychiatric Center - Mid Hudson psychiatric center is now closed. After dark loud noises and screams can be heard, sometimes-lost spirits are seen wandering the grounds. Reports of a large orb that chases people.

reading this- just fucked me, hard. Why? because FUCK ME, IT IS NOT CLOSED. I'm litterally shaking right now. I'm at work, at almost 2am, all alone- in a building- and now i find out that all those wird fucks that were right across the street from me were never there? omg no.

me and my roomate chris used to jog 3 times a week through the psyc ward. why? it scared the fuck out of us, and our pace was fucking amazing considering it was all uphill. we'd just run so fast from being scared as fuck. Weird shit. random people screaming... people in chairs on front porches of these little shacks (perhaps dorms?) just staring- never seen one tun their head- never seen 1 talk to anyone else. all old, ragged look people....
tell me those were all fucking ghosts, and im going to fucking loose it.

i have never, hoever seen the orb, nor been chased by it.

there are, however, signs on several buidlings for "Nuclear fall out shelter" and clearly marked- almost like the signs are brand new. sometimes the doors to these buildings would be open... sometimes they were not.

im freaked out right now. hard.

christ, im shaking. why? its a fucking internet site, and im freaking out.

Smithtown - Beggs House - There once was an old man who was murdered in the Beggs house. Now his restless spirit wanders the mansion on all 4 floors. The cops have been getting called about this for years. But anyone who goes in never comes out

my roomate freshman year was from smithtown ny. neer heard of it. sounds like BS though... anyone who goes in doesn't come out? come on.

Valley Stream - Extreme Western Area - In the area of Valley Stream which is adjacent to Hook Creek Boulevard in Queens one can often feel the sensation that he or she is being watched by someone when there actually is nobody there. Along the Long Island Rail Road tracks there is a long trail upon which I often got strange feelings of being observed. The area was occupied by Rockaway Indians long ago. The railroad has been there since the 1860's and many people had been killed by trains before the tracks were elevated in the 1940's.

this chick erica i was seeing spoh. year of college lived there. so did my housemate ben. maybe this explains why both are weird as fuck? lol

Wappinger Falls - Bowdoin Park/ old Haunted Mansion site - Believed to be haunted by Sigfried who was a prisoner of war in a war camp that was on that spot. He was put to work in the kitchen and killed himself by putting himself in the oven. There is also a tree just outside of the building that was used to hang Indians and you can feel them when you touch it. In the attic, which was used as a makeup room, people have seen a telescope floating as if someone is looking for ships. There are also other parts of the park that are haunted.

i've been to this tree, touched it, felt nothing. there's some hot as bike trails up there, and i took my zaskar through those woods a lot when i was at school. i never went to the attic.

Brewster - Jesus Tree - Tree was recently cut down because too many people were doing satanic rituals and gatherings in the fields behind the tree. It is said that the area around the tree is haunted and numerous people have seen apparitions and driven their car into the lake.

now that's just fucking weird. on my way home from school one weekend, i was passing through brewster as usual... and i got off to get gas. shortly after the exit, there were cops, and a car getting whicnched out of a lake. thats wierd.

ok, posting this... im done with this shit for th enight

calm down dude....its self induced psychosis.

1. you read something that rang true to you
2. your in a building all alone
3. its night

put them all together and you go apeshit.

Baltimore - Ghost Road - When drivers go down this long dirt path leading from a small neighborhood, their headlights seem to mysteriously go out. Cars have been also been known to stall, and then start again on their own. Pounding can even be heard on the outside of the vehicle. On the right side of the path, when the moon is just right, one can see a tombstone. The stone will sometimes have a blue tinge to it with a floating figure standing behind it. No one knows the story of the tombstone in the middle of the woods, but no one dares to get close enough to investigate.

ive been on this road many times, and it is freaky as fuck. no streetlights, nothing. after you cross over the railroad tracks you come to a dead end in the road. right before the dead end, there IS a tombstone. its not in woods though, its in the middle of a freaking feild. just one big lone tombstone. but heres the scary part...on the tombstone is like 5 names, there are 5 people burried in the same grave. no on can call bs on this because ive seen it with my own eyes. ive never had car troubles there, but my brother has. his car stalled exactly like they said.

Baltimore - Dundalk - Todds farm - dates back before the war of 1812. This home has been the site of many hauntings. And is said they are turning it into a museum. A ghostly woman can sometimes be seen in the attic window with a candle waiting for her soldier to come home from the war---he never does. Late at night you can sometimes see slaves hanging from the trees. The family cemetery is located directly behind the house. It has been said that although there is no electricity in the house, now, if an intruder enters, lights will turn on. There are so many spirits not at rest here.

my gf is from dundalk and she verified this story for me. she said her friends tried to get her to go in there one time and she was like "fuck that", lol.

Baltimore - Black Woods - Is said to be haunted by a witch. When you find a house and you go down to the basement the witch kills you.

now this one just freaks me out. just because its so blunt. ive never been there however, nor have i heard of it. but isnt this the place where blair witch was supposedly held? it just reminds me of blair witch cause of the whole haunted by a witch thing and the being killed by the witch in the basement. thats what happened in the movie right? either way thats just scarry

Back