1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding/adding VTEC wires?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by nq8s, Oct 14, 2003.

1. nq8s

nq8s Junior Member

I just dropped a 2000 GSR b18c1 motor into a 95 civic hatch CX I picked up a p28 sohc vtec ecu chipped. I can't find any online sites that show where the vtec wire is located or if I have to add my own

Does anyone know how to get the vtec going with the current swap I have just done? or any diagrams or pictures

2000 gsr b18c1 >> in 95 CX shell

oh and does anyone know where the speed sensor plug is?? I can't find the connector for the plug on the tranny... is it suposed to be on the wiring harness?? I can't find the damn thing on the harness...

Thanks,

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

all the pinouts you need are in our article and swap sections on the site. you need to run the wires.
    and since you are running a p28, your gsr will not have the IAB control. I sugest getting a skunk2 intake manifold.

VSS is on the tranny on the top.it faces up

3. nq8s

nq8s Junior Member

Thanks for the reply.

I will check out the swap sections and hopefully find it..

As for the VSS I know where the plug is, finding the connector to that plug on the tranny is quite difficult... I can't seem to find the wire that connects to it.. Does it run out of the wire harness? I don't think I have it or it may have gotten ripped off..

peace,

4. radnulb

radnulb Senior Member

5. nq8s

nq8s Junior Member

Thanks for the reply!

6. gocivicls

gocivicls Senior Member

I am pretty sure that the fuel curves are setup for the dual stage mani w/ a GSR ECU. So in other words if you have a P28 ECU, vtec kicks in later and will benefit you more with the Skunk2 mani.

Correct me if I am wrong, I do not mind.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted