finding out address

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

22crazy

does anyone know how to find out somebodies street address using an ip address? Is there anyways to find out where someone lives or there name without asking them. The reason being is that someone is talking shit about a friend of mine and he wants to find out who this person is.

ip to home address? I would hope not...but you could figure out what server they're going through and narrow it down to city...then if you're a l33t hacker like...say...Brian...you could probably hack into a system and figure out their account number and get their billing address and all that. :ph34r:

So you wanna physically hurt someone for pointless internet shit? :unsure:

Originally posted by NoJokE@Jan 7 2004, 06:59 PM
Make sure to tell him to thank google.

i dont think its accurate, at least to the "user's home", it says im all the way in VA. close, but not that close. i live in NC and it didnt even post any nc cities as close cities. good luck trying to track me down.

yes its possible. i knew this girl who was being stalked on the internet and the FBI tracked down who it was just using their computer experts. turned out to be a guy who was staying a few rooms down the hall from her in the dorm where she was living! it took the FBI about 2 weeks to pinpoint him.

Originally posted by sportlinecrx@Jan 7 2004, 07:09 PM
yes its possible. i knew this girl who was being stalked on the internet and the FBI tracked down who it was just using their computer experts. turned out to be a guy who was staying a few rooms down the hall from her in the dorm where she was living! it took the FBI about 2 weeks to pinpoint him.

fbi>some internet company.

an ip say nothing.

it says who your ISP is. if its aol, happy looking down every road in the USA.

if its a local one, like tampabay.rr.com, then, id say you are in tampa... but still- happy hunting.

well it got down to my home city

Back