Finished b16 swap.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sorry I killed the pic. Thought this thread was dead. I will edit it with the latest.

awesome swap man!!! thanks for updatin the pic, friz you think u can im me, or msn me? id like to ask a few questions that are to in depth to answer on the forums.

im: phun589
msn: ass_get@hotmail.com

thanks man

friz, the LS fifth gear set will set you down to about 3750 RPM at 80 mph in the highway... I installed one in my ITR tranny and never regretted it. 1-4 still rocks, then 5th for the highway

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Jan 2 2005, 07:56 AM
friz, the LS fifth gear set will set you down to about 3750 RPM at 80 mph in the highway... I installed one in my ITR tranny and never regretted it. 1-4 still rocks, then 5th for the highway
[post=440075]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks, That sounds like the way to go.

Originally posted by 91jdmteg@Jan 3 2005, 09:42 PM
How long did it take you for the total swap? Looks very nice, Great job.
[post=440785]Quoted post[/post]​

Drove home from work on a Friday D-series. Drove it back to work Monday B-series. :D Busted My Ass to get done though. Also it wouldn't have been possible with out the research I did here before starting.

yeah this place has helped me tons while doing my swap, i read alot on here before i started and things i would have got stuck on i didnt cause i remembered reading it on here.

an LS 5th gear? like out of a b18 b tranny?? i got the same motor in my car and im sure im gonna be changing it too.

p.s friz, what method did you use for wiring, use your d series harness? or use the obd2 harness??

Originally posted by DelSlo@Jan 4 2005, 06:54 PM
yeah this place has helped me tons while doing my swap, i read alot on here before i started and things i would have got stuck on i didnt cause i remembered reading it on here.

an LS 5th gear? like out of a b18 b tranny?? i got the same motor in my car and im sure im gonna be changing it too.

p.s friz, what method did you use for wiring, use your d series harness? or use the obd2 harness??
[post=441122]Quoted post[/post]​

My swap was OBD 1 to match my car. I used my d-series harness and cut up the harness that came with the swap to make the mods required. Relocating the O2, Running v-tec-knock wires, ETC..

I am with you on that 5th gear change. Sounds like that is the ticket.

darn i wish my car came with the b series harness, im havign a hard time finding the connector for the evap solenoid on top of the intake runners, i jsut want the connector ill cut off the old one and pin in the new one, thats all i got left for my swap, oh yeah and to get it running, stupid no spark!!lol

hey friz what rear engine mount did you use to swap that into a 92-95 civ. i have a del sol that came with a d16, i was told to purchase the 94 DOHC rear engine mount, did that, but it doesnt work, what a waste of a hundred dollars... what mount did oyu use, im trying to save from making my own thread.. :)

The mount really works, you just have to pretty much ease it in while the engine is going down. If your motor is already inside the car, then you're gonna have a hell of a time to put the bracket in.

no i got the old mount out, jsut unbolted the two tranny mounts, supported it with a cherry picker,and pushed the tranny towards where the rad goes (rad is still out mind you) but i went to put the new one in and compared to the one off the b16a2, the style is different, where the upper bolt that goes into the block on the mount it has a sleeve in it(looks like a T), where the b16 mount that came off has it open, like a "U" or a Y) the new mount with the sleeve is forced to go off to the side of the block making the lower two bolts have a gap of about 1.5 inches to the block.

i dont have a pic but if im making no sense i geuss my only route is to find a way to take a pic of the two side by side.

Originally posted by spectacle@Dec 6 2004, 06:45 AM
you'll love the it.....until you get on the highway. 80mph @ 4500rpm absolutely SUCKS.
[post=426859]Quoted post[/post]​

Bahphooey, 8000rpms at 135mph |Z0><0|Z5

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 6 2005, 05:56 AM
And in a 92-95 you use the rear bracket that comes with the motor.
[post=441914]Quoted post[/post]​

naw dude, i lowered the motor in with the same rear bracket that came on the b16a2, it lined up nice and level, but the bracket wasnt long enough to reach the rubber mount.. the del sol dohc bracket is long enoug, just a different style where it bolts to the block like i said, b16a2 mount is open like a "U" and the new one isnt open its got a sleeve in the middle where it should be open to accept the block. .... i wonder if honda sent me the wrong mount :unsure:

dont forget dude i got a 93 sol. i know its suppose to have the same engine bay as a 5th gen civ. but is it possible the rear mount is diff??

Originally posted by friz@Dec 5 2004, 07:05 PM
Just drove it. Haven't pushed it hard yet but I think I'm going to like it.

Thank you everybody for your help. Your help made it a breeze.

gallery_8298_210_1104453575.jpg

[post=426684]Quoted post[/post]​

Here and in my album

Back