finished hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if you are going to turbo it, don't waste time with vtec. if it is track only, it's not going to be a necessity, plus it is just one extra thing to fuck with when you are tuning it. build it from the block up and just do the b18 turbo. all motor, yeah, add vtec. turbo with high boost, pointless....assuming you do a full build and do cams also.

well its going to be a vtec....ive already decided that much...and yes im doing the cams and cam gears.....

Vtec is like an extra 20 hp that boost will more than make up for. Unless you just looooove hearing that vtec scream :).

Well if your replacing the intake manny. do the throttle body and intake manifold gasket, probably the valve cover gasket as well. it definately couldn't hurt.

Blanco knows everything I swear. every thread I post in he has posted in or posts in after I post and chimes in with something useful. Blanco are you on homemadeturbo.com?

yea but if im doing the ls/v....wont that be a lil more than 20 hp on the b18b block???

water pump will prob be good for another 50-75k I'd say (personal experience yet to have a honda water pump fail on me under 200k) - as far as the timing belt - it's not hard really easy and if you can do your own cam gears and shafts shouldn't be hard at all pretty straight forward - setting the timing is generally pretty quick too - buddy of mine does my timing and is dead on in under 10-15 minutes doing it by hand and eye...

this guys an idiot, thats like saying he can perfectly aligne a car by eye. you can get it close, but the machines can get it to spec.

First, that hatch is fucking clean. Nice job.

Second, start learning how to do this stuff yourself. What would you do if your suddenly lost the ability to work on your car for you?

Third, if you have access to a dyno all you need is a tuner. Properly break the engine in before you put the turbo on and tune for it. If you don't tune with a turbo, it's a short matter of time before something breaks.

Fourth, spend some time reading through this forum and the Forced Induction forum. You'll pick up a lot of information that will save you a lot of money.

:)

wow, a compliment from blanco. lucky.

yea but if im doing the ls/v....wont that be a lil more than 20 hp on the b18b block???

v-tec isnt so much of a power adder, so much as it allows you a longer range of rpm's. disable the vtec in the vtec engine and it stops pulling at about 1000 or 1500 rpms short if the redline.
the vtec eliminates having to choose between a low end power cam or a high end power cam.

I haven't wired in Vtec in my d15b vtec swap and I can pull to redline no problem just takes a little longer than a Z6.

oooo guys and by the way.....i forgot to tell u i did not do the roll cage....my next door neighbor did all the bending and placements ..( everything ) completely from scratch.....and built it up to specs....just wanted to say i cant take credit for it .....gotta give my boy his props

Back