Finished the b18b1 swap. Not fully bolt in.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94CivicSlow

I just finished my b18b1 swap in my 94 coupe. Everything went fairly smooth..
I used Avid motor mount kit and the motor sits VERY high and almost cannot clear the hood. I used a DC Sports 4-1 header and it DID NOT bolt to my cat. It was 3" away and teh flange was flipped 180 degrees. The car is currently at the exhaust shop so they can extend the cat and flip the flange 180 deg. Another thing that wasnt bolt in was the B series throttle cable. Everything was fine under the hood but where it connects to the pedal was completely different than my stock DX cable setup. I had to hack it until I can get to the junk yard to get an integra gas pedal assembly. I also used my DX slave cyclinder so I didnt have to bleed anything.

I also found that its easier to use the LS top radiator hose and Del sol DOHC vtec lower hose. Everything thing else went smoothly. No CEL's. Car runs and drives, no known issues except the major exhaust problem. I talked with someone else about it today and they said If I used the b16 header it woulda fit cause it is longer... who knows.

What do you guys think about that flange. Its definately not something I screwed up, the flange is facing the opposite way and is welded on both the cat and downpipe so i cannot turn it, the cat and catback are OEM original not tampered with.

1.Stock mounts are better in my opinion, the engine will sit in the perfect posistion

2.Get an 94+ Integra cat, I always used either the cheap ebay one or an original.

3.Get the correct down pipe and there won't be any problems, the LS one should fit fine. I'm using an integra one, but I tried to use a 90-93 cat some its like 2 inches too long (the cat itself).

4.Use the stock DX cable, I used the stock cables for the longest time, it requires just a little modification. I used the stock D series bracket, shaved the middle out and then can adjust it houever I want. Use the stock LS bracket and there shouldn't be any problems, either cable should fit, you can bend the other bracket down/up a little to compensate for the dx's shorter/longer cable.

If you know how to wed and such and want to make it cheaper later down the road, just make an extention peice for the exhaust that bolts on. The swap really does just bolt it. You shouldn't have to have broughten it to the shop for the exhaust, it was a simple fix. You defenitly don't need teg pedal or anything of the sort, you really don't even need the Throttle Cable. The mounts aren't a big deal, it fits, but you could have used a combonation of stock mounts.

you need the stock gsr exhaust for it to bolt right up. stock mounts are def the way to go mine fits..... like a glove. you could just take the cat off flip it around and it will bolt up but i dont know if the rest would match up tho. and as far as the throttle cable the civic bends funny so use the gsr and it should go on perfectly. just slide the lil round end of the cable on to the peddle.

So a 94+ Ebay test pipe should solve that exhaust problem?? Im temped to just go pick the car back up with another set of keys and say screw it and wait

thats what I did, but i didn't have that 3 inch gap on this recent swap. I know for sure the teg one will work. Everytime, every swap, the civic one is wrong and when the teg one comes it bolts up fine. I have no idea what to tell you about the gap though, I don't think you want to get rid of your DC header. So since you have that you might need to make a little modification or some kind of extender.

Nothing matters anymore because the car was stolen last night and recovered this am.... no intake, no batt, no plug wires, no wheels, no seats, body damange, no greddy oil cap, no center console, and busted column

i came back to tell you that the ls header will fit with a lil pullin but that totaly sucks.
Nothing matters anymore because the car was stolen last night and recovered this am.... no intake, no batt, no plug wires, no wheels, no seats, body damange, no greddy oil cap, no center console, and busted column

not to mess with you or anything but the stufff you listed is all important shit but why the oil cap?

i listed all that was stolen. They stole a 60$ oil cap. Thats important to me. 60$ isnt something you find on a street. It was a finishing touch to an engine swap completed only to be stolen 12 hours later.

Originally posted by 94CivicSlow@Jan 9 2005, 01:44 AM
I just finished my b18b1 swap in my 94 coupe. Everything went fairly smooth..
I used Avid motor mount kit and the motor sits VERY high and almost cannot clear the hood. I used a DC Sports 4-1 header and it DID NOT bolt to my cat. It was 3" away and teh flange was flipped 180 degrees.

If its OBD1 you dont have an Exhaust sensor I dont think??? (or do you)

Just an Idea take a 22mm pipe and weld the difference from the Exhaust Manifold to the Threaded Metal you will have to cut it weld it then weld back the the piece that screws in Just an Idea Dont know if it will work?? B)
[post=443248]Quoted post[/post]​

Back