finishing off swap but....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Stylieee

just finishing off swapping my preludes old ukdm f20 for a jdm h22a but i have a plug on a solenoid without anything attached to it. its located roughly in the middle of the fuel rail (attached via a small bracket), has a plug on the side of it, and 2 vacuum hoses going into it (one on the side and one on the bottom). it has a small plastic circular box on top.
ive used the old harness off the f20 and there just isnt a connecter for this part. the only spare connector i have was origionally attached to a sensor a the base of the top rad pipe (this sensor does not exist on the h22).

also, i think this may only be in this location on jdm h22's.

any help would be most appreciated as i should have everything else sorted within the next few days.

ps. both engines are '93.

throw that piece of shit away. :D

Seriously. I've only seen them on the automatic h22's...and everytime I just rip it off and toss it.

just found out that its supposed to have a yel/blk and a white wire going to it. so from looking at the workshop manual it seems that its the intake controll solenoid, that was only on SI versions. so.... should i just wire it directly to the ecu?

Probably, or else you'll most likely throw a CEL. I believe there are at least two wires going to it. One needs a ground, one back to the ECU. Check a wiring diagram for the engine.

You know, I may have posted a link to the wrong part. sleepn-accord, you're right about the intake control solenoid...isn't the the piece of junk that comes on all 4th and 5th gen Preludes VTEC's, which is a sort of butterfly valve within the intake system? If so, it won't throw a code.

However, the part that Stylieee is talking about was on my Accord, and also on the JDM H22A that I had. It sits about the middle of the fuel rail near the intake mani. I wanted to say that it was called the IAC, but I could be wrong. However, I think that it IS needed, if it's the part I'm thinking of.

I've been away from Hondas for too long. :D

Back