finishing touches

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrnice1058

ok i am almost ready to drop in my b16 but i figured since it is out i should change some things on it so i want to change the Clutch, flywheel, cam gears, pulleys. So my question to everyone is which of each should i get? flywheel act so on get the drift.....thanks guys

i wouldn't bother with the pulleys.

depending on you cash flow, you could get an ITR flywheel and clutch if you wanted to stay cheap.

i have an exedy clutch and love the thing.. some people will say oppose but i have had no problems with it

The ITR flywheel is still kinda on the heavy side and is not much cheaper then an ACT FW. I have the ACT streetlite (12lbs) which is 2-3lbs lighter then the ITR FW, and 6lbs lighter then the stock b-series FW.

I would agree not to get the pulleys. They are a waste and only hurt your accessorys.

I would for sure put a new timing belt and waterpump on.

yea i always forget that when you get stuff at wholesale its cheaper ;)

Not AEM. I've heard good things about spoon...but pretty much any 6 nut gears are good.

toda and spoon (same gears) have a feature were they can only be adjusted xx degrees, so if they slip, you dont fuck your engine.

what is a good and safe amount of degrees i should use on those cam gears? also any good sugguestion on a clutch?

bring it to a dyno and have it set there
different engine respond differently

for clutches i like ACT... lots of people like exedy

Back