Finishing up swap, need some insight quick

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
First thing, Background....I am doing a jdm h22a swap on a 92 Si using the h23 harness and a p13 ECU.

First thing, I know that all 92 civics, regardless of models were pre wired for VTEC. Is that the case for preludes?

Next, on my h23a there is a Coolant sensor on both the intake and outgoing coolant connectors (or what ever you want to call them) but on the H22a, there is only one.

First, what plug from the orginal harness needs to be plugged in?

Next, the other plug is the same as the VTEC oil pressure sensor, can I just use that plug (I know I will have to extend it a bit) and then just move that plug on the pin out?

Finally rusted cat studs suck.

The location of the plug on my h23 to h22 suggests that it plugs into the output (over by the intake ). My h22 engine has the input hose sensor location blocked.

The location of the plug on my h23 to h22 suggests that it plugs into the output (over by the intake ). My h22 engine has the input hose sensor location blocked.

those are fan switches. JDM motors came with just one.

Rob the waterneck that isn't blocked from your H23 and paste it on your new motor. Plug in the wires, done.

OR, do some wire splicing and connect both sets of wires to the one switch. I prefer to just change the waterneck.

yep thats what I ended up doing. The helms says that the one is a higher tempature then the other so I said screw it and just switched out the fan switch.

i cant remember the last time i did an h22 swap that didnt have a rusted cat bolt.

to get mine off it took a half hour of kroil, half a pack of cigarettes (me waiting for it to soak in) and 3 people rotating in and out with the impact.

The last one we did, we just used a friend of ours' (he used to be on a nascar pit crew, and it was apparently one that he used while on the team) impact. It rattled away for about two minutes and finally broke it loose. I dont even want to guess how tight that bolt is.

I think I ground mine off, or torched them, then replaced the bolts. I do a lot of cutting, so I'm pretty good with a torch.

i just use a buzz wheel...i suck with a torch.

ahem, so what I am hearing is that I can modify my H23 exthaust flange to fit my new H22 exhaust header.

or $10 at a machine shop to drill you the hole (team lazy for the win)

Back