fire coming are the exhaust...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergey P.A.

I was driving on the freeway couple days ago and I saw this Del Sol and I saw fire coming out of the exaust <_<

so I asked around some people they sayd that he is using nitrous, and he jes was running reach,

so can I make my car run like that, would it be legal, is that good/bad for your engine,

and how you do it, :spin:

its not from nitrous and he was probly a stupid ricer that was spraying propane in the exhaust. dont do it you will burn ip your muffler and most likely the back bumper. its just for the movies like F&F & F&F2

It was a ricer,

it looked cool as hell, and I don't think the fire was big enough to damage the back bumper,

but you still can see it,

I don't know I was goin' about 85 tailgaitin' an ambulace (that's another story) I didn't see his bumper, but it was an Orange del sol with a type r conversion and I think and HKS exhaust it looked pretty neat in mine

rear view miror...

if it just popped a little fire it means it was could be a bad ass car. i've heard if you set your valvtrain right it allows air and fuel from the intake port to go into the exhaust side for a split second (.0012sec). bad on emissions = good for power. i've seen racecars do it and an EG vs. Supra vid where the civic did it. but if was a constant stream it was just some stupid ass wannabe.

oh yeah the whole fire pop when you shift thing, i will have that oneday. oneday being the key word.

autoloc makes a kit to make flames shoot out of your exhaust. if it was a very big flame it couldve been a kit. ef9civicgen4 is right, go on www.c-speedracing.com and they have a small vid of their project integra shooting flames(small ones).

forget going on the site heres the link: revfire

my frineds friend has a bulit b20vtec with some crazy cams and his engine shoots fire sometimes. it like makes a big pop noise like a back fire while shooting fire. its pretty crazy. seen some wrx do it too.

is this shit legal,

I mean what cops gon' say, not the emisions guys.....

i dont think its illegal to have fire but when you build your head so that it does it and remove the cat makes it illgal

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Dec 16 2003, 01:06 AM
is this shit legal,

I mean what cops gon' say, not the emisions guys.....

it wont light up unless you are revving high, and the only reason(most likely reason) to rev high is when youre racing. its simple--dont race or rev high in front of the cops :D

i dont really know the timing or what to get it shootin, it might even be the absence of a cat, but im guessing its just tuned for max power and when you let off the gas while its in its powerband, you get the flame. my friend's rx-7 does this, when he revs that shit like past 9500rpm(seriously, he sometimes takes it to like 12000rpm no problem)(note: its a stock 13b with a straight pipe and street ported).

yeah if you just run with a header on you will see the fire come out. ive tried this on my friends stock b18a1

sometimes you cant help it, espically on turbo cars.

i mean like flames jus chillin' back there...

not like a fireball or somethin caused by your engine. more like a 2F2F-style flame, or one like this dude was describing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back