fire coming are the exhaust...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by civicious@Dec 16 2003, 01:41 AM
i mean like flames jus chillin' back there...

not like a fireball or somethin caused by your engine. more like a 2F2F-style flame, or one like this dude was describing.

oh i see what you are talking about.

it wasn't even close to the 2f2f style, it was actually like a fire bowl for a second, I guess while he was shifting or something,

so what you do to have shit like that,

I know they have kits, but I want the engine to make it naturally,

how do you do it....

he wasnt talking about the video. he was talking about cars that create flame from some external source, like some sort of kit.

free flow exhaust should do the trick.

there is no kit for a short burst of flame like that. you either hook your exhaust up with propane or you build yourself a powerful motor that will produce short bursts of flame while its running because its got so much heat and pressure in the exhaust that it ignites every now and then when being revved. ive seen ericks racing's honda civic do this (10 second all-motor) and the rx7.com car do this (drag turbo race car).

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Dec 15 2003, 10:45 PM
it wasn't even close to the 2f2f style, it was actually like a fire bowl for a second, I guess while he was shifting or something,

so what you do to have shit like that,

I know they have kits, but I want the engine to make it naturally,

how do you do it....

Sorry dude, but you're going to have to have a lot of money, and a non street-legal car.

The way that cars get the flame out the ass end is by having a lot of unburned fuel comming through the combustion process, mostly seen on muscle cars, and other famous gas guzzlers. Also, they require a straight pipe, which means no cat.

For these two things you're going to need an ass load of money to build the car well enough where it's making the kind of power for incomplete combustion (or just get huge injectors and run them at full capacity, but that's not good for the motor). And also have a loud ass car with no cat. Just my .02

Also, how did you see that he had a type-r conversion if he was chillin by you on the freeway?

My old B20 build probably did this- but I never had anyone check to see if I was shooting flames. I got a pretty good pop in between gears, and if I was running really hot on full throttle and then got off the gas, sometimes I would get a really loud pop out the back too. Oh well, I'll never know. Who cares.

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 16 2003, 01:11 AM
My old B20 build probably did this- but I never had anyone check to see if I was shooting flames. I got a pretty good pop in between gears, and if I was running really hot on full throttle and then got off the gas, sometimes I would get a really loud pop out the back too. Oh well, I'll never know. Who cares.

yeah who cares. your new build is gonna be even meaner :D :worthy:

oops! i mean umm if you were doing a new build ;)

would a Grredy SP, do this

i think any exaust that is straight through would allow fire to shoot through if your engine could produce it. if you got one of those headers that come out the side you will see fire shooting out.

just build a super-bad ass motor, and you won't be worrying about any stupid flame coming out the tail pipe. You'll be more focused on actually driving than how you look.

Originally posted by sportlinecrx@Dec 15 2003, 09:56 PM
there is no kit for a short burst of flame like that. you either hook your exhaust up with propane or you build yourself a powerful motor that will produce short bursts of flame while its running because its got so much heat and pressure in the exhaust that it ignites every now and then when being revved. ive seen ericks racing's honda civic do this (10 second all-motor) and the rx7.com car do this (drag turbo race car).

Hehe, 9-second all-motor, dude.

My car does this. The stock GSR ECU runs a little rich under full throttle which, in the absence of a catalytic converter, will allow unburned fuel to make its way to the rear of the exhaust. When heated up, this little bit of unburned fuel will ignite and produce the tiny "fire ball" that this dude descirbed. It's not necessarily bad, it just means that you are running rich. Usually a cat will filter out most of the unburned fuel and keep it from reaching the muffler tip. Basically, you can get a good, free-flowing exhaust and run a test-pipe to theoretically get your car to do this. It looks more ghetoo than cool, really, and I am going to buy myself a cat just so it'll stop singing my tip. I'd also like a quieter exhaust note because it sucks driving down the highway trying to scream into your cell phone while your car is going "BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" at just 3000 RPM.

"straight pipe" means no cat. its a free flow, from the headers to the muffler.

<_< jesus
You guys sound like a bunch of idiots. The Del Sol could have had an AirLeak from the Header's Gasket, also some wild exhaust cam timing would cause fire, With turbo charging you can't have the Exhaust valve wide or you lose boost. also high RPM's Upshifting and Downshift's (Heel and Toe Down Shift) causes alot cylinder pressure so the valves are working fast as ever, and the all of the fuel is never burnt ,so it leaves the chamber, then it gets ignited and fire will be seen.

YOU WANT FIRE? Heres the fomula, High performance engine + lots of fuel+Light Valve train+ No Emmision Control Devices = Fire

The reason you'll see it on turbo engines is because the wastegate, re-routes the exhaust gasses, to go out back when the turbine needs to be slowed down.

You shouldn't be worrying about burning your bumper, your exhaust tip should stick out one inch from the bumper.

Originally posted by civicious@Dec 16 2003, 07:19 PM
im sorry, who are you again?

My name is seen clearly there on the left. don't ask me stupid questions like were in person... I clearly showed the solution.

riiiiiight. stop post whoring.

where'd you get your info from, by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back