fire wall knockin

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhyRe

i have a 93 civic dx i wanted to drop a h22a into it but ive read that its not a good idea because it will knock against the fire wall i want to hear from people that have done this swap and what has happend to the cars since

also any one rom the connecticut arean know of a good shop that can do the swap?

if you buy a mount kit from a REPUTABLE manufacturer that shouldn't be a problem at all- I don't think that guys for Hasport would put their name on a set of mounts that bounced the motor off the firewall everytie you stepped on the gas

that's what I'm saying- I mean anyone who is having trouble with their motor knocking off the firewall either A) did something very wrong or B)Bought mounts from a bullshit company that unsuccessfully copied Hasport

is there a problem with "too much" power to the wheels (like there is such a thing) since its a light car do i need to worry about a mean ass pull?

200 hp = like 175 whp. if you think thats "mean ass pull" I highly suggest you ask someone with a boosted gsr for a ride =)

you're not driving a topfuel dragster bro- it's just an h22a- don't worry about it- just do the swap

Tempest Raciing in Waldorf, Maryland did a H22a swap in a 92 vx and he has nothing but great things to say about it. It took them less then a week to complete. He used the Hasport mounting kit.

yes, there is a such thing as too much power for a streetable FWD honda, but and n/a h22 isn't going to do it. The swap is pretty much fundamental by now, all the parts are readily available, and people pretty much have all the kinks smoothed out.

The biggest problem is the adverse handling.

sounds good to me any suggestions on where to get a cheap front clip ive look on ebay and few other company site but im not sure if there are better deals somewhere else if any one knows please let me know

Back