............FIRE............

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Damn, that's the second GTi I have seen go up in flames. On a side note, great sound track :)

lol seriously, the sound track makes the video that much more impactful...if you get a turbo installed, make sure it's done right.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@May 15 2005, 12:29 AM
who sings that...I dont even listen to that kinda of music...but I want that CD.
[post=499283]Quoted post[/post]​

It's Weezer, their first album, it has no name and is called the Blue album because it has a blue cover.

Originally posted by asmallsol+May 14 2005, 04:52 PM-->
92civicb18b1
@May 14 2005, 02:09 PM
I'm pretty sure the turbo is under the intake manifold in the newer GTi's.
[post=499209]Quoted post[/post]​

If it was me and I saw that I didn't really have a chance at stopping it, I would start ripping off as many parts as possible. Seats, steering wheel, ect.
[post=499244]Quoted post[/post]​

haha thats what i was thinking

my shirt would have been off my back to smother it. car>shirt.

and the song is good, too bad its about alcoholism, lol

Originally posted by asmallsol+May 14 2005, 03:52 PM-->
92civicb18b1

It is (and a complete BITCH to get too)

If it was me and I saw that I didn't really have a chance at stopping it, I would start ripping off as many parts as possible. Seats, steering wheel, ect.

No... It isn't.

The intake manifold on an MKIV GTi is in the front, and the turbo is in the back.
1.8t.jpg

Note the intake in front, and the heat shield in the back for the manifold/turbo.

Originally posted by ScrapinSi+May 15 2005, 07:14 PM-->
Originally posted by asmallsol@May 14 2005, 03:52 PM
92civicb18b1

It is (and a complete BITCH to get too)

No... It isn't.

The intake manifold on an MKIV GTi is in the front, and the turbo is in the back.

Note the intake in front, and the heat shield in the back for the manifold/turbo.
[post=499654]Quoted post[/post]​

opps, I knew the turbo was on the back of the engine. My orginal reading comprehention owns me. The turbo swap that I helped on was a guy with a beetle. He was getting rid of the stock snail for a bigger one, and on that car it sucks to switch everything out.

You can't rip that stuff out, it's meant to stay. I think the footage is the best idea - if you have no fire extinguisher.

I saw a few things on the video - First, the insurance company KNOWS what was in it. Sparco, radio, etc etc... You can SEE the heat wrap on the turbo, And you can see that he wasn't being crazy when it went. Unless he did a turbo install on an NA car, I see nothing but good coming from this video.

OF course, I'm sure he was hard on it, took off the heat wrap to save time and money, and cut some corners. But hey.

Back