firefox 0.9.3 is out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That helps prove my point. We are made up of a decent percentage of techies, computer nerds, etc (myself included). If we're up to 8%, let's assume that the rest of the general populace is up to half that: 4%. And I'm sure that's a very generous number. Given that, let's assume that 85% of the populace uses IE, and the remaining percentage uses a combination of other crap-ass browsers.

If you were a small-time hacker, who liked to write code to affect browser users in abad way, would you attack the 85%, or the 4%?

You tell him Chris!

God, I HATE MOZILLA! It wouls be a shame if an "accident" happened to their 12 workers.

granted- but, regardless... firefox, and ALL gecko based browsers aren't like IE in that they don't execute ANYTHING with out the user knowing it and giving it the go ahead. IE on the other hand, will do what it wants.

IE = skynet :D

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Aug 12 2004, 06:49 AM-->
granted- but, regardless... firefox, and ALL gecko based browsers aren't like IE in that they don't execute ANYTHING with out the user knowing it and giving it the go ahead. IE on the other hand, will do what it wants.
[post=375905]Quoted post[/post]​

True. I know you can set up permissions in IE to prevent those things from happening, but it's probably beyond the typical XP Home user to figure that sort of shit out. I can see why people like to use those browsers, but I pull my hair out when people make them out to be on the same plane as cold fusion.

pissedoffsol
@Aug 12 2004, 06:49 AM
IE = skynet :D
[post=375905]Quoted post[/post]​

:bo: :lol: :bo:

coldfusion?

CFM is a back end pre-http tag processor, similar to php/asp/jsp

the tune of this song will change when the first exploit in firefox is found I'm sure. But if your a retard and dont know how to use your computer to prevent this stuff you deserve to use nothing but AOL anyway

their have already been 3.

it, nor ANY human made software, will be perfect. It's inevitible to have loopholes.

However, there was a patch released to the hole less than 12 hours from the inital report.

MS's bug fixes come out weeks, even months after they are found- and thats how these hacker dudes have time to makea virus or somethign to attack it.

noie.gif

Back