1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

firefox update - 1.0.2

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by pissedoffsol, Mar 24, 2005.

1. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

security patch... im not exactly sure what it covers, but i jsut noticed the update... go grab it and be safe :)

http://www.getfirefox.com

hondaswap + firefox = :wub:

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

:(

3. b204dr

b204dr Senior Member

But even firefox has been having issues with loading some script from here b - i load firefox from home- and ie from work(no choice) both have the same issues from time to time to let you know. When i first logged in this morning it said my browser did not support **** and that i should be using firefox. I also received the same message last night while on firefox so it makes no sense- i wonder which line of code isnt loading initailly - when i refresh it every thing comes clean but still dont understand it fully

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

thats a style sheet.

there is a hidden via css span of text that says the following on the home page:

Code:
    	<!-- [[Start]] Web Standards Info -->
    	<h1 class="hide">Welcome to HondaSwap.com</h1>
    	<p class="hide">You are viewing an unstyled version of our website because your browser doesn't support certain web standards. We at HondaSwap.com recommend <a href="http://www.getfirefox.com/">Mozilla FireFox 0.9.3</a> browser or higher for viewing our site on a PC computer and <a href="http://www.apple.com/safari/">Safari</a> for the Macintosh. We support the <a href="http://www.webstandards.org/upgrade/">Web Standards Project</a> mission- Encouraging users to upgrade their browsers. For handhelds, pda's, cellphones, and other media, this text-only version of our site ensures accessibility to most areas of our website. Interactive portions, such as our forums and gallery, are best viewed with a browser on a computer.</p>

<!-- [[END]] Web Standards Info -->
    	<hr class="hide" />

you should never see that with ie4+ NN6+, any version of firefox, etc. its css 1.0

i'd say you have internet problems--
    ie, the html gets loaded before the css tells it to be hidden.

look into your connectivitiy and clear out your cache or something

5. b204dr

b204dr Senior Member

lol yea i thought it might be some thing to do with that- my companies policy is to clear cache @ noon any ways so--

6. Sabz5150

Sabz5150 FALCON PUNCH!!!

Schweet! Updating now. Firefox + Linux = :burnout:

7. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

I'm having problems with this update. To the upper right of my toolbar, there is the red button with the arrow pointing upwards icon, letting me know that there are critical updates available. I click it, then it initiates the download screen. I click the update now button and it starts the download.......and I wait....and wait....and wait.........for almost 2 hours.....then I cancell it. I've tried this 4 times.

Any ideas? Anyone with similar problems?

I've also had my computer crash a few times while running firefox.....but never with IE......pretty messed up.

8. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

1.0.3 is out now :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted