first biuld, any help, suggestion would be awesome

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4drsleeper8

Hey guys, so new to this site but ill get right to the point.

Ive got a 1991 integra rs, car is pretty much done outside an in etc.

Now im ready to start on the engine, the previous owner was going to turbo car but never did. So ive done some research for awhile as of what i should do. Ive been thinkin of just leaving the B18 in and just do all the internal work, plus turbo. Or do ls/vtec? But is it worth it? would i get still get good hp out of just turbo the engine i have now? the car is a daily driven car, i just want to turn it into a nice 4dr sleeper. So any help would be awesome. Thanks.

depending on mileage you can boost a stock motor to 250-300hp. This is of course with a GOOD TUNE. Remember, whatever you do, you need to get a good tune.

the engines got 267xxx on it, the previous owner had his own garage and told me that i could still put a turbo on it. but if i do that should i do anything else to the engine? Like cams etc? I mean 250-300 would be awesome.

the engines got 267xxx on it, the previous owner had his own garage and told me that i could still put a turbo on it. but if i do that should i do anything else to the engine? Like cams etc? I mean 250-300 would be awesome.

With that many miles on it I'd consider a rebuild before you boost. At the very least do compression and leak-down tests to make sure the motor's healthy. The LS head doesn't flow all that well, so I'd consider a port n' polish and maybe some turbo cams. Otherwise, the motor is pretty stout in stock form. You could probably reach your power goals without adding a VTEC head. Like SlushboxTeggy said, it's all in the quality of your tuning...

just wondering, i need to replace my throttle body, should i stay stock or get the edelbrock? an skunk2 mani? OR just bore the stock mani?! sooo many questions lol

Just leave it stock or have your stock TB ported. Changing the TB (unless you do ITB's) is going to have very minimal gains.

I suggest you do some research on turboing your.

Back