First build, I got a quick question. Help! Please!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hmtcrxsir2

I just rebuilt my 96 Integra GSR engine. And i've used Kings bearings. And I made sure everything is within specs with plastigauge. And I torque the bolts down to suggested torque specs using a Helms manual. But after everything I tried turning the crank with bare hands and it seems to not move a bit or other words, its hard to turn. I dont know if im doing it wrong or im missing something but I know when i took the GSR engine out. I can rotate the crank really easily with minimal force. Is this normal? Help?

i would think so. i mean the head is off, all the motors ive spun over by hand moved without to much force and thats with the head on

i was wondering does it make a difference which rod cap goes to which piston rod? They are pretty much all 2's. And its all within specs. I got them all mix up.

Might I suggest finding out a bit more about the "compression stroke" and the various other strokes of an engine before you proceed with putting yours together? :D Just a thought...

I had the same problem with king bearings....you may want to buy a different brand.....After I got my new set of rod bearings, the crank was able to spin freely in the short block.

Back