First Engine Pull!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by ryanwolfe911@Jan 5 2004, 07:50 PM
I never need an axle puller to get my axles out, just a sight tap with ahammer and they come right out. I guess that's because My car is never driven in snow and I have no rust anywhere, oh and you have to seperate the ball joints to get the axles out, now don't you?

yea, I know alot of people who say "yea they just come right out", when I pulled my engine out of my integra, I ruined a brand new dead blow, and on the other axle, I mushroomed the threads. One was still stuck in there, so I bought that, and they came right out.

And yes your right, you must remove the ball joints to remove axles (if it sounded like you dont from my post, disregard that)

yea, I know alot of people who say "yea they just come right out", when I pulled my engine out of my integra, I ruined a brand new dead blow, and on the other axle, I mushroomed the threads. One was still stuck in there, so I bought that, and they came right out.

And yes your right, you must remove the ball joints to remove axles (if it sounded like you dont from my post, disregard that)
I don't understand...I just pulled 4 axles out of two different cars and popped them out with a screw driver. As well, I didn't remove one ball joint to get them out...I just removed the hub assembly from the upper control arm by taking the castle nut off of the ball joint and the castle nut off the lower ball joint, and disconnecting the tie rod end...take out hub assembly...the axel should slide right out of the hub assembly and then you pop it out of the transmission...pull it out and you're done. I did NOT "remove" one ball joint...they stayed mounted in the upper control arm, and in the assembly when I pulled the axels...like I said, I've done this on four axels in the last two weeks. :unsure:

Jason

the the lower the one right? thats all you have to remove. Pull back and slide it out or tap it out. You shouldnt even have to look at the upper ball joint. It slides up and then just hold it with a hanger or zip ties.

drain ALL your fluids. there so satisfaction like and eight foot puddle of coolant or tranny fluid all over the garage floor that you will have to be laying in.

and definitly bag them nuts :D

good to hear that it came along alright, best of luck with your motor.

The D15B1 in now in my Si (as of last night), with the Si MPFI attached and soon to have a cold air intake attached. Everything seems to be fine, mind you there is some oil in my spark plug chamber, but I am addressing that in another thread. Also there is a weird idle problem...when idling it rev's from about 900rpm to 2000rpm all on it's own...I don't have a clue what that is. (help)

No axles had to come out...the tires never even came off...the tranny stayed in the car.

B)

Jason

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 7 2004, 04:21 PM
for the idle thing, could be as simple as your low on coolant, or possibly your IAC is broken.

Is it possible for the IAC to just get 'dirty'? I've been told that...called Honda...they want $240 for a new one...plus tax! Oh, and just put new coolant in there last night when dropped the engine in.

(will it ever end...sigh)

Jason

So today I installed a new radiator, new valve cover gasket, new spark plug seals, new spark plugs, new pcv valve, and a cold air intake...the only problem is with the CAI (I started a thread about that)...

The pcv valve was to solve an idle problem I'm having, it is reving from about 900rpm-2000rpm repeatedly over & over...the pcv valve didn't solve the problem...what else could it be???

:confused:

Jason

Back