First engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Gordojp6

This is something i have in mind tht i need help with. I just started reading about swaps an ive come up with my choice of swap wich some one must have done already an i need sime help on. im thinking of getting an integra sedan 94 an up. Db8. I would like to put in a type r motor on it jdm b18c. My budget would be $6,000 to do the swap an buy the car. my goal is to have a type r sedan as a daily driver with a/c, power steering etc... Main question is how much would the swap cost. Ive seen the engines on craigslist in my area (los angeles) go for $3,500 an from online websites go for $3,800 plus shipping. I only got $6,000 for everything. any places u guys kno wer i can save on the engine? Not in a rush to get it done. Ive reead tht if u take it easy u can come across great deals an save money.
HTML:

Just buy one already done. DONE.
With 6 G'z, there are a ton of them out there for sale.
Just be prepared to possibly drive out of state to buy.

Just the fact that you mention you want A/C and "type R" is a perfect indication you should take the route I am suggesting.

Hmotorsonline.com for a complete type R swap. There are other places too but they are reputable and have clean engines. (roughly $4k for the swap)

If the sedan has the B18B1....you will need to run VTEC lines through the firewall to the ECU. Plus Type R is OBD2 so you need a different ECU (a chipped and socketed one) plus a tune from a dyno shop (or at least a reputable street tune)

Use your engine harness (on the current motor).

This can be done for less than $6k (with a heathly low mile motor) Unless your car has no A/C stuff what so ever.

Here's the link:

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30010

I done several swaps mostly, obd2 engines into an obd1 chassie. The best money for the buck is patience and planning. Having someone that knows "how to" can save alot of cash. Every swap I learned something different in each one of them. I have another swap that I'm doing this time is an obd1 engine into an obd2 chassie, it's gonna be interesting in what I can learn with this one, specially its jdm engine.

Depending on what your looking for, a type R is very expensive to swap but can take a beating if you like to beat on it. What I mean expensive is the "complete swap alone", depending on power goal and plan for the future is where you need to look into. This swap that I'm doing will be turbo next year on stock internal and my power goal is 300hp in an ek chassie. But this is not my first turbo nor my first car I have had a few. So my advice to you is to take your time, compile your power goal to what you want. If it was me, I wouldn't pay 6k on a 200hp engine just to have a type R. There are other option you can do to a B16 that could net 200hp. Good luck.

Thnx for everyones opinion. I think i got 3 good options here. It would be a lot cheaper buying one tht is already built an less hassle. I do want the type r tho. My goal in the future would be to turbo it. 550 injectors etc...id like to get the most out of it with the turbo. Just one thing tho. will i loose the a/c with it? Ive read tht u do thts why am asking

if you want the most for your money, buy a car that is already swapped! here in florida i see B series vtec swapped integras go for $3-6k depending on condition and mods.

also, if you are seriously wanting to turbo later, then i would consider cars with gsr motors as well. its arguably a better motor for boost than a type R, and definitely cheaper.

i am going to be doing this swap pretty soon and i will start a log, with details.

2000 INTEGRA BD8 GSR
JDM B18C Spec-R

Back