First gen b18a into a 92 hatch dx obd1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shithatch

Alright, I can get a first gen b18a swap for my hatch for $1200 bunks. I need an engine fast. I have a 92 civic hatchback with a d15b7 w/ hydro tranny. I want the b18 for the liters and plan on slapping a vtec head on during the winter. What all will I have to do to get this thing in my car? Just give me a rundown because im hearing alot of b/s from different people. This is my first swap.

Don't bother, by the time you get it in you will have spent more than getting the right motor anyway. Go OBD I or higher.

But if you insist on it, be prepared for:

Buying a hydraulic B series tranny, or conversion kit.
buying an OBD I intake manifold, and electronics for it, or have a wiring nightmare.
Buying a OBD I ECU.
Buying the right axles.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 22 2004, 06:54 PM
Don't bother, by the time you get it in you will have spent more than getting the right motor anyway. Go OBD I or higher.

But if you insist on it, be prepared for:

Buying a hydraulic B series tranny, or conversion kit.
buying an OBD I intake manifold, and electronics for it, or have a wiring nightmare.
Buying a OBD I ECU.
Buying the right axles.
[post=393630]Quoted post[/post]​

So this is an obd 0???? i was told its a 1 and it wont take that long to swap at all!!

Well, to me, first gen is OBD 0 90-91. A second gen B18A would be 92-93 OBD I. But bot have cable trannies. find out the year first. To get the year, look at the head just above the 1st and second exhaust ports, there are a set of circle, the one on the left has two numbers, that is the date.

if its an obd1 motor

if you can find a 94 teg

use its axles, mounts, ecu (pr4), shift linkage.

All of the wiring should plug into yours, and find a b16 tranny, for shorter gears..hydro of course..

Back