1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Gen XBOX help

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by cjvictoria, Nov 16, 2008.

1. cjvictoria

cjvictoria New Member

Okay, so im having trouble ripping some music to my first gen box. i'm still using my first gen xbox for music storage until the ps3 and/or 360 come down on prices a bit more..

I burned a cd last night with music files (wma, and mp3's) from my sd card that I copied to the computer and wmp10.

Tried ripping this morning and the 'box' told me that it doesnt recognise this disc.

Is it just unable to read cd-r? Or maybe i need to convert the files to something other than wma or mp3?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, as I cant find any info on the internets because the search engines just spit out 360 related ish every time.

Thanks in advance. ;)

2. whiterabbit06

whiterabbit06 Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill? VIP

You have to burn them like an audio cd.

3. cjvictoria

cjvictoria New Member

So I need to go and get Music specific CD-R's?

I am very confused as to why it won't work since my box is equipped with the Samsung drive... Which is by all accounts the best one that came with the xbox.

4. b18a1build

b18a1build Gay username^

naw man, when you are burning the cd, make sure its burned as an audio cd, not wma/mp3 cd, 1st gens dont recognize mp3s

5. cjvictoria

cjvictoria New Member

wmp isnt giving me much of an option to choose what file type the songs will be converted to... only ones im getting is wma and mp3, but i have read that .cda type works fine. only issue there again is its not in my list of choices for conversion before the burn

6. whiterabbit06

whiterabbit06 Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill? VIP

When you go to the wmp burn tab it asks what type of cd it's going to be click on audio cd instead of data.

7. cjvictoria

cjvictoria New Member

bahhh i tried and it still didnt work, then i tried a different brand (of cd-r: memorex) cuz i hear that it sometimes works... that didnt work either.

im starting to think i may have the samsung-hitachi dvd drive. it is said that they are closely related in appearance, but the only way to know for sure ic to crack the box. which isnt a big deal since im gonna mod the thing soon anyways, most likely to add an external dvd drive, hopefully i can find one compatible with both the box and burned cd's.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted