first honda swap help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

speg93

i gotta 93 dx dropping a b16a si-r 2 in . i've done swaps before but never a auto to manual swap....does anyone know what problems i might run into mainly electrical (wiring harness problems and also reverse lights) after these questions are awnsered i think im well on my way.

The wire harness you have will work, you wont be using the extra plugs on it that are for the automatic transmission. Just the vehicle speed sensor and the reverse plugs will be used. You will have to add the wires for vtec and the knock sensor. Look for a ecu pin out guide and add the pins were they are needed. Then run the wires through the firewall where the harness comes through. Also you will need to swap out the pedal set from a same year civic and also get the clutch master cylinder and all of the lines. A local junk yard should have them. Also the passenger side frame rail mount is different for the auto. All of the other mounts that came with the swap will work. For the passenger side one if you can weld and what not you can modify it to work, or go to this website Steel Mount Products and buy part number# 49520 this will make it easier for you if you cant make your own. I hope this helps and good luck.

Also forgot to mention you will need the shift linkage, but that probably came with the swap. You will probably have to drill and add your own screws to hold the rear bushing in the back of linkage toward the shifter, do this with the linkage hooked up and in neutral.

thanks for the info....that was what i needed to know....its about 4 degrees in CHI so i dont think im gonna start this any time soon but i'll post up pics when the time comes.

Back