First Japan, now Thailand...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
The gf and I decided to bite the bullet and do it this summer. She always tells me how awesome it is there, and how cheap everything is (if she buys it and pretends shes not with me lulz).

So we bought tickets, and we'll be there for about 2 weeks. She has a lot of family there, so we will stay with them. no need to pay for a hotel or anything, which greatly reduces the cost of the trip. We'll be staying in an area just outside of Bangkok, but she wants to travel around to some nice beaches and stuff. we have time to see a lot.

Anyone ever been? I hear it's very beautiful there, and I'm excited to go :) flights will be brutal though, 25+hrs (with 2 stops) each way.

gonna get your kok banged in thailand eh?

one of my racing buddies spends a few weeks a year in phuket. says its so nice. enjoy your trip!

Phuket an island down on the west side of the lower penninsula. It's a big tourist area. I should be more northeast of there in the mainland. I think we're planning to go down to the penninsula for some beaches, but not that far south.

Never been, should be fun! Take lots of pics!

The g/f and I have talked about it as well.. it's not in the budget this year, though. Planning to go xmass time 2015 at this point in the game.

Will be very interested to hear all about it. honestly, I'm quite scared of it. lol

Who did you book flights through? I looked casually a while ago and the prices were just jaw dropping... 2-6 grand each :/ first class hit 10 grand on a few airlines!

Fuck first class. not worth it at all (at the prices they charge)

We are flying coach/economy. tickets were like 1600/person round trip. It was more expensive to go to Japan. (And we're connecting through Japan lol)
United/Nippon on the way to
United all the way back

The gf's aunt arranged the flights for us to find the best prices.

Also keep in mind the travel dates. Traveling around Xmas to Thailand will probably be a lot more expensive, as all the rich people migrate to somewhere tropical for the holiday and get out of the colder parts of the US/Europe. I'm going in the first 2 weeks of July. shifting my dates by a week made prices go up like $200

Last edited:
Is she a travel agent? ALL of my g/f's family is back in Thailand and she hasn't seen any of them in 4 years now... will be 6 by the time we get there. Kinda crazy to think about and makes me take for granted the fact that mine are within walking distance :/

Nippon is generally the most economic option flying back and forth. From a logistics standpoint and moving goods, they are always a low price carrier there, too. They own that East Asia market.

ok i just asked. It apparently wasnt her aunt, but a family friend referred them to an agent or something.

@B if your area has a china/international district you can get usually a good travel agent there for more affordable trips to asia. A lot of my friends travel abroad to asia often, and they swear by that route.

Very beautiful area. Go see all the temples and touristy stuff. The exchange rate is locked to the dollar, but one USD goes a LONG way. Don't trust the tuk-tuk drivers to take you anywhere you really want to go. Actually, don't even get on one. Well, maybe once to have the experience.

gf wants me to ride them haha. she actually wants me more to ride "bitch" on the motorcycle taxis because she thinks it'll look funny, me being much bigger lol.

she can do translations for me. should make it easy

I did my honeymoon there for a month, 3 weeks in Phuket, stayed at a resort hotel for a week, then moved down to a bungalow resort for two weeks, then hit up Bangkok for a week in a 5 star hotel. Had steak and lobster (giant prawns) every night and my fill of Carlsburg beer, while hitting every bar. Best time of my life... did some diving with sharks, para-sailed, jet-skied, checked out all the topless Europeans on the beach, rented a jeep for a week to explore the area...all for less than $6000 including a plane ticket from Japan. it was about 18 years ago...

Soooooo, Military coup in Thailand... lol.

fuck it, im probably still going. It's not like they're pissed at white people, right?

Back