First Look: Windows Longhorn

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

but if i was really a geek, i'd be running linux, and know how to use the fucking thing.

at any rate, I STRONGLY believe that longhorn will be the DEMISE of Microsoft.
Linux is taking over in 2k+5

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 13 2003, 12:57 AM

but if i was really a geek, i'd be running linux, and know how to use the fucking thing.

at any rate, I STRONGLY believe that longhorn will be the DEMISE of Microsoft.
Linux is taking over in 2k+5

:werd:
linux 0wnZ j00!!!!

well yeah thats a bonus .... but it is a bad ass OS
ive used it a few times in class
its very solid
and has a much lower overhead than windows
plus its free :D

I like the fact that they're calling it "Longhorn". Now if it's the "demise of Microsoft"... whether or not that'll make me happy to be associated with the Longhorn name and Microsoft is another thing.

:lol:

Can I have a copy of the Alpha B?

it got like 20 MB, then timed out :(

i gotta try and find another source... i'll let you know after i DL it, and install it on one of my spare "blocks" :p

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 13 2003, 03:41 AM
i gotta try and find another source... i'll let you know after i DL it, and install it on one of my spare "blocks" :p

Sweet. I'm too busy trying to keep up with the newsgroups downloading games and movies... I'll have to resurrect one of my spare "blocks" to run this alpha on.

:lol:

the new longhorn is supposed to have an interface with some type of digital copy protection chip on the MB. rendering windows useless for copying and type of copyrighted material.

OS= operating system, i.e. windows, linux, os10 blah blah blah, you are probaly running windows xp or something on your computer and that is your operating system.

so this "longhorn" is an offshoot of linux? or is it microsoft product?

and cant someone hack around the copyright protection?

from what i see i like it......but will i be able to run ALL my windows based programs on it?

p.s. fuck bill gates

just get windowblinds or the aston shell thing, and have you computer look just like it, haha, i did that :p
(i know it wont have the features in the programming and all but who cares)

Originally posted by karnash@May 13 2003, 03:02 PM
so this "longhorn" is an offshoot of linux? or is it microsoft product?

its the next winows by M$. it will be the next in line...
DOS, 3.x, 9x,me,2k,xp,longhorn

Back