First post to Hondaswap w/ a 2005 civic question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88foxo5si

2005 Honda Civic sedan questions

This is my first post to HS. I currently drive a 2005 EP3 si. However I do have a few questions about the 2005 civic DX-VP my fiance drives. I purchased my EP3 because of the quality of the car and the overall reliability. However, having driven my ep for some time, and having run a few auto-x events I think I want to help improve the safety of her sedan.

I'm interested in safety because, as the base model, it has NO front or rear sway bar. Luckily neither she nor I have had to do any emergency manuvers, but I feel the lack of any sway bar, coupled with soft springs would be downright scary.

Will other models from the same year, or previous years fit the front of the car?
I'm assuming the subframe has the neccessary bosses to attach a front (at least) and rear sway bar.
I think the chasis code is ES1.

Additionally, is there a website that might lead me to to more information about other improvements to this base model sedan?

Thanks

Not sure if the EX sedan has a rear sway but the front stuff should fit (probably need control arms too)

Just hit up a recycler local and take a look under an EX or find someone trustworthy online.

There are plenty of parts recyclers around. The front control arms even have the spots to link the sway bar.

Makes me wonder if I need to drop the exhaust pipe. Any suggestions?

Dont think it would need to be moved. I would just look into an EX and maybe investigate anything for JDM versions (I am not that knowledgeable about newer Hondas)

If you want it to be safer, I believe the best upgrade would be better tires. The all seasons people put on the base model are skinny as hell and usually have terrible grip. If you live in a northern climate, a dedicated set of snow tires are a must. LX, and EX civics came with front and rear sway bars.

Back