First Post: Y8 head with d15b2 bottom end--I have a few . . .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayden

Hello all. Name is Chet, my first post here. I have been using info on this site for a couple years now, and finally registered.

I have an 88rex, mpfi wiring done, decided I'd take it a step further and do a mini-me head swap. The Y8 head is on the way with COMP cam, gear, Ti. valve springs and retainers. I picked up a Skunk2 IM for the Y8, and picked up ARP head studs.

The head is going to get a full work up with P&P, valve job, maybe bronze guides, tanked, etc, etc. . .

I'm wanting to stay N/A, and I'm trying to collect ALL parts needed before I move onto putting this puppy together. I'm a NOOB extraordinaire!! So NO, I won't be doing all the work myself. If I did, I wouldn't have a running car. lol

I guuss my basic question is in regards to keeping the stock d15b2 bottom end. If I wanted to change the head and the block, I'm thinking a full engine swap would have beeen more economical, :blink: , which is why I'm keeping the stock block.

NOW, I want to raise the compression ratio to the 11:1 range or so. . .I want to get different pistons. I don't want to bore, and I would prefer to use Honda/Acura oem pistons.

I've heard the P29's would be my best bet. I've heard PM7's won't work. Aren't they the same, except for one being usdm and the other being jdm?

Can I use either of these pistons with my D15B2 bottom end, and which rods would I need to use as well?

If I can't use these pistons, pleeeeeeeease suggest another route, including aftermarket if need be. Thanks so much for taking the time to read my thread.

Chet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back