First Problem With...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

call HP, they will send you new ones with your serial number.

99.8942343% of your drivers will be installed by xp.

the other .2% can surely be downloaded from yourbrandhardware.com driver site.

you really CAN'T un-install IE.

just never use it, and no harm will come from mozilla to it- so long as your default browser is set to IE (ie, you click a link in aol, it opens with mozilla, not ie)

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Jun 19 2004, 03:16 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jun 19 2004, 02:34 AM
burn cd's of yor shit.
format the bitch.
use IE one last time to get mozilla.org 1.7b
never use IE again
never have spyware again

ive been running mozilla for about 2 months now ... i still get spyware and i get more fucking popups than i did with IE
not to mention all the simple convienient shit that i use to be able to do with IE that i cant do anymore with this shit ass browser

fuck mozilla :thumbsdown:

See that penguin in your avatar? He's good for more than drinking beer ;)

I use Firefox 0.9 on Linux, and along with denying ad based domains at the router, I NEVER see a popup, get any spyware or see any type of advertisments.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 20 2004, 01:52 AM
call HP, they will send you new ones with your serial number.

99.8942343% of your drivers will be installed by xp.

the other .2% can surely be downloaded from yourbrandhardware.com driver site.

you really CAN'T un-install IE.

just never use it, and no harm will come from mozilla to it- so long as your default browser is set to IE (ie, you click a link in aol, it opens with mozilla, not ie)

well i unstalled it from control panel > add/remove > windows programs > internet explorer. ive already set mozilla as my default browser. and as soon as i sign online they still pop up in IE. i'm stumped. :unsure:

i guess i'll just have to wipe my HD. :(

Originally posted by Sabz5150+Jun 20 2004, 01:04 PM-->
Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jun 19 2004, 03:16 AM
pissedoffsol
@Jun 19 2004, 02:34 AM
burn cd's of yor shit.
format the bitch.
use IE one last time to get mozilla.org 1.7b
never use IE again
never have spyware again

ive been running mozilla for about 2 months now ... i still get spyware and i get more fucking popups than i did with IE
not to mention all the simple convienient shit that i use to be able to do with IE that i cant do anymore with this shit ass browser

fuck mozilla :thumbsdown:

See that penguin in your avatar? He's good for more than drinking beer ;)

I use Firefox 0.9 on Linux, and along with denying ad based domains at the router, I NEVER see a popup, get any spyware or see any type of advertisments.

yep ... im going to linux the next time my system fails...
its been pretty good for about 6 months now (longest its ever went without needing a format/reinstall)
so any time now i should be comming home to a FUBAR computer and switching to linux
fuck windows

Originally posted by dveit@Jun 20 2004, 01:45 PM
well i unstalled it from control panel > add/remove > windows programs > internet explorer. ive already set mozilla as my default browser. and as soon as i sign online they still pop up in IE. i'm stumped. :unsure:

i guess i'll just have to wipe my HD. :(

try running a software firewall and dont allow ie to access the internet. even though you unistalled ie, its still there. trust me on that. you can even look in the folder and see the porgram is still there.

Back