1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First race offer?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by jamesA, May 24, 2007.

1. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

So I went to wendy's to get some dinner and some kids in a stock (air filter) 3rd gen firebird pull up and ask me what my car has.

So I tell them header/intake. That's it. He calls BS. lol I'm like dude, ok. He wants to race me sometime in the Firebird. He said he's seen my car around and was impressed with it, but I've never seen him before in my life.

So as I was leaving I got on it through 3rd gear for them so they could hear my cut CAI and header with a slight leak out of the mani-cat connection.

Maybe I'll see him around sometime, but I'm not racing in New Haven. I've had this header on ONE day... hahaha

2. Black Widow g2

Black Widow g2 *princess*

Wow. I thought I had a good story when someone in a truck wanted to race my Fit. That's great. But, what's priceless is driving the Si down the street and seeing the guys in their Cobras and Camaros look at you with a confused look... thinking 'Why does that thing sound like that?'

Go get 'im James!

3. jamesA

I could tell he knew nothing about Civics, he asked me if 'it was a stock 2.2 liter' haha

4. TeinGirl

TeinGirl Senior Member

:eek: :lmao:

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

tel him you did an ecotech swap :D

6. jamesA

haha the best part is I was being handed my food and drink at the drivethrough and the bitch in the window was trying to hurry me along being really fucking rude while I was trying to talk to the guys. So I asked her if I could get a please with that order.

She looked at me with a bad look then said "what for?" So I'm like dude, I don't care about your fucking timer, if you're going to be rude. Give me a please. She really was a bitch.

7. Black Widow g2

Black Widow g2 *princess*

So pretty please with sugar on top... clean the fuckin' car.

/pulp fiction

8. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

This thread is perforated with suck so that more and more cool slips through untouched.

9. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

So some guy called you out in a firebird, thinking you were someone else who had a fully built car. You declined to race, but still revved your CAI and leaky header at him.
    :concur:

10. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

wow.

In my scion I get fricking people lighting them up at stop lights thinking I'm going to race them all the time. Maybe its my lack of badges, badgeless grill, hid's, etc, but its like my car is slow. You're in a LS1. Give me a break.

11. smarty009

smarty009 Senior Member

yea..i love the riceburners who always wanna rev up at a light..i just laugh as they gun it and i just cruise along

12. jamesA

He wanted to hear it, so I let him hear it. I never really declined the race, I just said not today and not inside New Haven City limits. But I'm not going to go looking for him.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted