First semester in college complete

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

invisibledemon

Bored
VIP
And, final grades were just posted.

am i reading this correctly?
gpa.png

looks to me like i have a 4.0 average. just wanting to make sure that is correct here before i get too stoked and egotistic.

no clue. dropped that french class. it was online and the whole setup sucked completely. paired with a shit "teacher" that never wanted to answer questions, it was a huge waste of time. start german in the fall, will do french when i transfer to mtsu.

congrats! Just finished up my undergrad and gradumatated with high honors last weekend. Keep up the great work!

Congrats. Keep it up.

I wish I got a good gpa in undergrad. I definitely slacked it up.

My grades were terrible in college, good work!

What is your major?

congrats man,awesome grades
i wish i had applied myself a little more in school, just remember you only get back what you put into it, but looks like you've already got that figured out
i still managed a decent 3.0 when all was said and done

My grades were terrible in college, good work!

What is your major?
foreign language
figured if I was going back I was going to learn something I actually want to learn vs what might land me some high paying job I'm going to hate

congrats man,awesome grades
i wish i had applied myself a little more in school, just remember you only get back what you put into it, but looks like you've already got that figured out
i still managed a decent 3.0 when all was said and done
man I wonder what I would have gotten if I had fully applied myself is it possible to get higher than a 4? lol. I mean I tried and studied, but I know I could have done a lot better. next semester I will do better, my study habits sucked this first time around

I would suggest you minor in business or something like that so you can use your language skills in international business.... get paid well AND do what you want to do.

I would suggest you minor in business or something like that so you can use your language skills in international business.... get paid well AND do what you want to do.
^^ This..

Otherwise you're just wasting your time and money.

lol. that online class was complete bs.

im starting german in the fall and will do french once i transfer.

im taking a slew of other random classes as well. havnt named a minor. right now, im just getting some required courses done and enjoying the amount of electives that this degree gives. enjoyed the shit out of philosophy and comp 1 this semester. psych was interesting and even though i didnt like stats too much, im glad i took it. lots of insight of why statistics shouldnt be trusted.
next semester I have Comp 2, World religions, Intro to Political Science, German 1, and US history. im looking forward to those.

honestly, even if the degree doesnt land me a job, im not wasting anything. my main goal is to learn and be challenged. im going for me first and foremost. and even if it doesnt make me any money, its a lot of stuff that is going to to help my little one too. she'll be learning it all from me later on.

if i do land a job thanks to my degree, even if it pays what i make now (less than 30k) but i love going to do it, then it was worth the time and money. i'll be ok with being poor so long as i love what i do. i make shit pay now, but we do just fine.

It is probably none of my business, however.. If you have a daughter, making under 30k and paying to go to college just to learn something interesting but not help you support your family; your'e doing it wrong.

Im going to have to agree with B16. A good rule of thumb is, you shouldn't owe more in loans than what you will likely end up making in a year.. e.g. taking a $60k loan to go to college and get paid $30k is going to hurt.... a lot.

anyway, gs and keep up the good work. its good to pick something you like because you don't want to be like my classmate; full blown dr, currently licensed, but hated his job and life. now he's in school with me.

Get a minor in a language and a major in an applicable item. I should have finished my minor in spanish.

I'm brushing up on my spanish and then add some portugese to the repetoire. Big stuff happening in the BRICS for business.

Back