first snow of the winter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:laugh: your 4runner doesnt want to go play in the snow

Yeah, and it's pissing me off. I just slapped on 8" overall lift plus 35" tires. and it hasn't even been in 4WD. It's a challenge to get in it, and the door handles are level with my head.

Shit, I wonder what purpose the tailgate is going to serve. I'll need a lift to get shit up there.

My friends in the valley have been using Code White since 92, at least. Sorry :)

Only we had CBs. How old am I

usually no snow here until december, and then it's usually pretty light and infrequent. last year, it got in the the single digits over night a couple of times, and the 89 dodge daytona i had didn't want to start..... it was like "nuh.........uh........nuh......uh....nuh...uh..nuh..uh nuh-uh nuh-uh" like it was saying "i aint goin nowhere! you crazy." and then another day it was slushy and in the 30's, and then quickly dropped into the 20's when night fell, and the shift linkage froze up, and i had to jimmy the shifter back and forth for like 5 min to be able to put it in first. and also, it liked to die when downshifting for a stop.

i remember the first time i went to denver it snowed like 6 inches over night, and i was like "SHIT!! I don't have anything to scrape snow off my car!" i still don't have a snow scraper, i used a pizza box a couple times last year.

My 74 vw used to like to get carburator freezing in the morning. ANy time I would try to down shift or stop I would have to keep my foot on the gas and brake at the same time. After seeing last nights monster garage I want another bug. Code white in a bug would be kickass. Maybe it would be more fun than my SIlverado, although 325hp in 4 wheel drive the thing seems to be faster than in 2wd.

Here at my school (Johnson & Wales Univ.), there is about 1" to 1 1/2" on the grass, but not on the sidewalks. Up at my house in Thornon, we had like 1/4" lol. It mainly rained for 2 days.

Quoted post[/post]]
My 74 vw used to like to get carburator freezing in the morning. ANy time I would try to down shift or stop I would have to keep my foot on the gas and brake at the same time. After seeing last nights monster garage I want another bug. Code white in a bug would be kickass. Maybe it would be more fun than my SIlverado, although 325hp in 4 wheel drive the thing seems to be faster than in 2wd.
:laugh: I remember my 70 bug with dual Carbs in highschool, what a pain in the ass to stay running and I had my deck lid prop'd, so snow was always in my motor. and no damn heater, damn that was :cold:

code white in a bug is kickass,

I remember a few years ago in my Saab. What a POS, no heat and had a huge tendency to spin out when doing more than 45, rain or snow.

Then 2 winters with the 944. That was fun.

The prelude, was a hunk of shit. It had a big rear sway bar and no ebrake, so I still had some fun but it could have been better

Now I have the Audi, which I think is going to be a shitload of fun...

Code White = go find a parking lot full of snow and drive in circles, drifts, etc until your wheel wells and wheels are so packed with snow that you can't turn/accelerate anymore :laugh:

Bonus points for spinning in circles so quickly that the WRX compass in the rearview mirror freaks out and displays gibberish. :bustout:

in central CT (and other areas too i guess), if its snowing out, as soon as there is enough ground cover for some serious sliding in your car, someone will come across the nextel (or call if your cell if you dont have a nextel <cough>loser</cough>) and say:
CODE WHITE!!!! Conditions are good. We are go for drift. Repeat, we are go for drift!!
thats it... there is no conversation afterwards... you call ahead to others to get the warning out there

then everyone meets up at a predetermined place, and its on for the rest of the night

No dude, the east coast ain't got SHIT on Colorado for snow and snow play.

Colorado Springs doesn't even plow most of the time. Seriously, they will only plow when things get bad. But I've driven the highways with 2" on them - Not a plow in sight.

Quoted post[/post]]
No dude, the east coast ain't got SHIT on Colorado for snow and snow play.

Colorado Springs doesn't even plow most of the time. Seriously, they will only plow when things get bad. But I've driven the highways with 2" on them - Not a plow in sight.
I have to disagree, i lived in upstate new york(syracuse) and it snows worst then it ever has in colorado.
lake effect snow sucks. hell it started a 5 in the morning and by 7 in the morning the snow was up to my knee's

Ah yes, I forgot about Buffalo. Buffalo is a completely different story. New York gets CT-like snow. And that's ok, but it's not as simply... perfect as the light and fluffy out west. Plus, in Colorado winters, it could be snowing blizzard at night, next morning you're in the pool. It crazy in late Feb / March, but the nov / dec parts are really surreal. You can enjoy the snow and the sun at the same time.

Quoted post[/post]]
Ah yes, I forgot about Buffalo. Buffalo is a completely different story. New York gets CT-like snow. And that's ok, but it's not as simply... perfect as the light and fluffy out west. Plus, in Colorado winters, it could be snowing blizzard at night, next morning you're in the pool. It crazy in late Feb / March, but the nov / dec parts are really surreal. You can enjoy the snow and the sun at the same time.
:laugh: yep even when its a blizzard (like 2 years ago) its sunny

Back