First Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mister

Does anybody know of an article or site where I can lookover steps to swap the D16 out of my 90 Si and replace it with a ZC.

My understanding is that this is a very "simple" swap but some of the wiring stories I read about have me a little worried. :(

It's a 5 speed 90 Civic Si HB with A/C. Any constructive suggestions would be much appreciated.

You don't have to make any major changes to your wiring- since you have an Si, it's all there already. This is assuming you're in the States. Most of the wiring headache comes from people adding injectors to get to 4, or adding VTEC with a VTEC head swap.

You might have to change that... I'm not a ZC swap expert. All I'm saying is that you don't have to change your MPFI setup or add VTEC. If you use a ZC ECU, you might not have to worry about modifying that sensor.

all you need to do to the wiring is take the large circle plug on your harness that goes to your distributor, swap it with a square one that comes on the ZC distributor, remove the blue/green, and blue/yellow wires and run them to your cam angle sensor that is on the ZC exaust cam. thats all you have to do

HELP!

I don't want to get bogged down on wiring details, don't assume I know anything about doing this swap. This is why I asked if anyone know of a site or article that can enlighten me a little.

Some basic questions:
Do I need a ZC computer or chip?
Is the ZC going to bolt on to the existing transmission?
Will my existing headers line up?

Thanks!

You need a comp i have a pm7 for 50 if you would like i can ship it via canada post

Stay with the SI Tranny if you have'nt paid fot the ZC tranny yet the SI will work great. If you change to a ZC tranny I'm very sure that you have to change the mounts, if you look around in the forum, you should find the exact mounts you have to use. I'm telling you beacuse I did it on my 4DR civic and it was easy swap like someone wrote unless you have a DPFI. But you are OK!!!! :D everything will line up great. And it's a good engine to start of with good power and no complains and when you have enough money go with a b16 for a 96-98 (CTR) that's what I'm going to do B) . But for now you'll going to have tones of fun with that ZC engine my friend trust me, fell's good when some dum ass comes up and says "hey want to race your 4DR, sure why not and to see the faces when you pull off haa feels great.....

Back