first time at teh dyno

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by n1mr0d@Jun 28 2005, 12:20 AM
Yeah maybe you got lucky and have some great piston ring seal. And or some crazy mad carbon buildup on the pistons. :lol: It's happened.
[post=517207]Quoted post[/post]​

i've heard of the whole "carbon dome", can i really raise compression enough to make a difference??

nice numbers!

how much miles did it have?

also, you got any quarter mile numbers?

B16A2 I/H/E, CTR cams, test pipe = 166ps :ph34r:

I don't doubt that that's is close to, if not what you are putting down :)

engine has around 80k

no times yet, car wont pass tech at MIR. i'm gona try at capitol raceway soon, i hear they are a little more leniant

I had 151 whp with a b18b1 Crower 403s, PnP, Shaved .30 thous, Crower .5mm oversized valves, 3 angle Valve job, dual valve springs, retainers, I/H/E, no cat, flywheel, clutch, skunk2 manifold, and chipped ecu.

I still only had a best time of 15.1 :ph34r:

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jun 28 2005, 09:34 AM-->
I don't doubt that that's is close to, if not what you are putting down :)
[post=517301]Quoted post[/post]​

what??? thats makes zero sense to me

94CivicSlow
@Jun 28 2005, 09:39 AM
I had 151 whp with a b18b1 Crower 403s, Crower .5mm oversized valves, dual valve springs, retainers, I/H/E, no cat, flywheel, clutch, skunk2 manifold, and chipped ecu.

I still only had a best time of 15.1 :ph34r:
[post=517305]Quoted post[/post]​

what car was that in??? a dump truck???

no not stoned, the whole "that that's is" kinda fucked me up

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 28 2005, 09:34 AM
I don't doubt that is close to, if not what you are putting down :)
[post=517301]Quoted post[/post]​

fixed it up a little for you

I understood it too. Oh well. In any case, an LS block with I/H/E and crazy advanced timing can make 140whp without any problems. Hell, someone (forget who) made 150whp on a 100% stock LS by just tuning the fuel/timing maps. It was on H-T a while back.

that was one of the guys from PGMFI.org. imo, some people think because its a cheap NON-JDM engine it isnt worth any thing besides putting a v-tec head on. the only thing i see holding it back is the trans.

if LS's came with a y1 or j1 from the factory there would be no B16 hype

Originally posted by 94CivicSlow@Jun 29 2005, 10:02 AM
^ Get a b16 tranny, crower cams and walk all over bitches
[post=517959]Quoted post[/post]​

i dont need to :ph34r:

Originally posted by racintweek@Jun 28 2005, 07:38 AM
engine has around 80k

no times yet, car wont pass tech at MIR. i'm gona try at capitol raceway soon, i hear they are a little more leniant
[post=517303]Quoted post[/post]​

i went to a track in iowa for inspection, i didn't have to open my hood.. all the guy asked me was "will you car run 12's" i said no and i was on my way :D

why wont you pass at MIR? what are they giving you trouble about.

my first few times at capitol they looked over my shit, just a quick check really. usually check the seats and seatbelts. but once they get to know you they dont even look anymore. last time i went he didnt even look at my car. and my friend who goes every weekend doesnt even drive the car over to the tech booth, he just walks the ticket over there, lol.

flame me now. but 370 seems a lil high too if the car makes 400 @ the crank. corvettes typically lose a little more then 7.5% of their power through the drivetrain. lol. as most anything will.

correct me if i'm wrong. good number either way tho. i hope i have a freak h22 engine :-D

Back