first time at track... i suck, my car sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
d15b16coupe- was that a serious post about not removing ps and a/c? cus that was the dumbest comment ive ever heard if it was. removing ps and a/c equal weight reduction which u would run faster prolly not alot but it helps and that would be saying pro teams are ricers cuz there full drag cars dont ahve that.
oMgHi2u!!!!!! STFU

pro teams with full drag cars are VERY different from what the OP drives. look at his car. and 50lbs on a full interior wont do shit. it MIGHT take off .005 off of a 1/4 time. and anybody driving dd car doesn't care about that minute.
<-Doesn't have A/C or P/S...car didn't come with it. A/C adds around 60-lbs; at least on the 88-91's. :)

Also, drag racing correctly does not mean parts will break unless they can't handle the output.
an ef hatch weighs a lot less than a dc integra. plus, ef's suck so not having ac and ps doesn't matter. most people with ef's don't even have working ac.

and yes, drag racing does break parts. i don't care if you are javier ricer or bisi and his insight, shit breaks.

feathering the clutch during launch wears the shit out of it. all racing breaks shit. nothing is safe.

And Bisi hasn't broken anything yet. There's plenty of other people who haven't broke anything. It all boils down to maintenance and knowing the limits of the vehicle.

Also, a clutch is a wear-item, so it's expected to wear out. Most drag racers use kevlar and or ceramic discs which last much longer.

IMO, 88-91>+92's. :p IIRC, CRX's dominate the polls in GRM-races. It's a good thing to use opinions in arguments :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If you ever talk to Bisi, you will find out most of his testing and research occurs before the parts ever go in the engine. I don't know about his current F22A, but his D15B lasted a couple of seasons before being retired. That guy is VERY meticulous.

If you ever talk to Bisi, you will find out most of his testing and research occurs before the parts ever go in the engine. I don't know about his current F22A, but his D15B lasted a couple of seasons before being retired. That guy is VERY meticulous.

yeah, i've talked to him. he's one of the coolest guys in the car racing scene. if not THE coolest guy. he will talk to anyone and everyone who has a question. you have to be careful though, he's a nerd and the convo can quickly go over your/my head.

unfortunately thats what it does.

DO NOT REMOVE YOUR AC. just make sure it's all off. only stupid ricers remove ps and ac, and think it makes them faster.

get an lsd and some slicks or drag radials, a good header and exhaust. some itr cams a killer tune, low 14's high 13's will be easy.
that's funny as shit but not true I just bought a 91 ex with zc no ps or ac in it and my friend has same car and motor and he's never infront of me. So it helps just not a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back