First time I've gotten one of these...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
First time I've ever gotten this email.

REFERENCE #: UKL/478593G9/19
EMAIL TICKET #: 112-4540-525-106

This e-mail is to congratulate you as your email address have won you a cash prize of £715,000.00 in our Online Lottery Sweepstakes Promotion held in London Oct 2009.To file your claims, contact;
Agent: Mr. Anthony Ronald
E-mail: mr_anthonyronald@hotmail.com
Tel: (+44)704-576-8688

Note: You are required to tender your Full Name(s) & Reference # (same as above) Full Address, Country Of Residence, Occupation, Age, Sex, Telephone Number to the claims agent, via email for a valid response.Congratulations from all members and staffs of this program.Thank you for being a part of this online lottery promotion.

If I paid for my own cell, I'd call the number just for the hell of it.

Seriously, people still fall for this? "I won a sweepstakes I didn't enter!!! Here's my name, age, sex, SS number and all that!"

Yes. They send out 10 million copies of that email at a time. Its an automatic filter.. Intelligent people know better and ignore it.. people who are that fucking gullible jump in line to be financially raped. Fish in a barrel kind of thing.

I can't believe there are that many dumb fish in the barrel.

I've never gotten that one either. I do have several dead uncles in Europe and former co-workers in China that have left me money though.

All it takes is a handful each time they send out the scam and they are good to go. Emails like these cost pennies. It really is free money. Now spear phishing is a different breed. That shit takes time but the pay off is generally a lot bigger.

the girl that worked as a secretary at my job about 4 years ago was ready to quit her job when she got one of these emails.

my leasing agent got that email on the work computer.

Back