First time swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

glada96EX

Hi, this is my first time doing an engine swap. I have a B16a2 in my hands. I hear alot of people say its hard to swap an OBD1 into and OBD2. Now, so far I know (please correct me if im wrong.) that I need to get the rear mount, trans mount, timing belt mount, and torque mounts. These are all coming from a 95 del sol or 94 integra right? I also need the powersteering rack from the del sol right? What shift linkage do I get?

Im new to this forum and I probably should a looked around alot better but I was wondering if there is a thread on wiring the obd1 into and obd2 car? I am totaly lost as to what I have to do for that?

If I missed anything please let me know, and thanks for you help in advance.

-Greg

you didnt even say what car it is going into....and it sounds as if you are under the impression that a b16a2 is obd1....its not.

it says '96 ex in the topic sub-title.

but yeah, do you really have a b16a2 (from the '99-'00 civic si) or an obd1 jdm b16a sir II?

Yeah, the engine I have is OBD1. Im not exactly sure what I have to do to wire it in right? It came with the ECU and wiring harness.

is there one big plug on the distributor or two small ones? (1 plug = OBD-2)

It is OBD 1. Now this would be the same engine from a 95 Del Sol right?

So I need to get these mounts(rear mount, trans mount, timing belt mount, and torque mounts)from a del sol right? Or do I just get the rear mount from a 99 civic Si? Then a power steering rack, and shift linkage from del sol also? Sorry im just trying to get my shit straight. :)

you need shit from an SI

the del sol matches the 5th gen civic and the 3rd gen integra

you have a 6th gen

Back