first time turboing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5genracer

Hi, this is my first time building a turbo car for myself, and I would like to know what I need to do/purchase to do this correctly. My setup is this:

98 civic hatch
b20 block soon to be sleeved
b16head with CTR cams, skunk2 springs/retainers
skunk2 intake manifold
drag 3 turbo kit
gsr tranny
rc 310's
Hondata obd 1 ecu
Exedy light flywheel
stock ignition, but has a MSD external coil
Greddy catch can
holley fuel pump
fuel pressure regulator and gauge

My horsepower goal is however much I can make with this setup, but I would like to make at least 275-300 hp at the wheels.

I have a few questions.
1. I know 310's will be too small for this setup, which size do I need?
2. I have the stock throttle body right now, do I need to bore it out or replace it?
3. Will my ignition work for this setup?
4. Will I need to upgrade my radiator?
5. How do I hook up my pcv system with a turbo?
6. I have my stock cams, should I use those or just get cam gears, or both?
7. I need to be able to run on 91 octane gas minimum, but we have 94 available locally.

I will not be using anything from the drag kit to control fuel or timing, so no fmu and no btm.

Please only reply if you REALLY know what you are talking about. I know that alot of people's friends have this and that, but I don't care.

THANKS for the help people. This board is awesome. :worthy:

the only thing i think you would absolutely NEED is larger injectors..liek dsm turbo laser/eclipse/talon 450cc injectors. the throttle body and all wil be fine. they will give you more hp, but its not essential.

440's would be better I think, since your a 2 liter and from what it sounds like your going to be boosting higher than 10#'s.

Cam gears would give you optimal output from your cams. which is nice but make sure to dyno it for the best results and no ass dyno's please.

Back