Fish

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I thought they ate/ beat up a lot of other types of fish, including another of their own kind?

My girlfriend bought me a catfish from Walmart last week. It died the next day.

I suck at teh fish care... :(

I thought they ate/ beat up a lot of other types of fish, including another of their own kind?

No, you can keep them with other fish, just not other Bettas. The males will fight each other if you put them in the same tank together. They'll usually be ok with other types of fish though...

Yeah the males fight to the death when you put two of them together, and they really dont like other kinds of fish either.

My girlfriend bought me a catfish from Walmart last week. It died the next day.

I suck at teh fish care... :(

The fish from Walmart are cursed or something, they usaully dont last more than a week.

No, you can keep them with other fish, just not other Bettas. The males will fight each other if you put them in the same tank together. They'll usually be ok with other types of fish though...
and watching them fight is pretty cool

Look into some jellybeans, I think thats what they are called.
My mom used to have some in an old TV that we converted into an aquarium.

trsc.jpg

my wife and i have 2 Red Eared Sliders. they are actually pretty cool pets.. she got them at about 10 weeks old, now, 3 years later, they have shells about 4" long. they are a lot of fun to watch, and really easy to take care of!

Back