Fishing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Damn, this is what we have here.

29241_386838134354_651704354_4083675_6535816_n.jpg

Really doesnt compare.

Wow... I really wouldnt mind taking a fishing trip to Florida. Those are some beautiful catches mdpsEG! I would love to do some good Gulf fishing.
I havent done much fishing this year but last year there almost wasnt a weekend that we werent out on the lake fishing or doing some kind of watersports with friends.
I grew up on the lake and there are 3 within 5-10 miles from my house. My dad went on a salt water trip in Mexico this last year and caught some beautiful fish, maybe I can dig up some pictures. My dad fishes a lot of tournaments here locally and my Uncle is a pro fisherman.
Here locally the best and main catches are black bass, sandbass/striper, hybrids and cat. I dont think that there is much more that is relaxing to getting out on the lake trolling around docks for bass. Early mornings the schools of sand bass are insane!
I will try and add some pics to this thread from upcoming journeys and see what I cant find from past ones.

Here is something kind of crazy that I forgot about.
This was on Lake Conroe in Houston, Texas.
This big flathead catfish thought that he would nomnomnom on a basketball. He was so tired from trying to dive but he would of course just float back up to the surface.

Attachments

• flatheadcat.jpg
    flatheadcat.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 102
  • flatheadcatlakeconroe.jpg
    flatheadcatlakeconroe.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 101
  • flatheadcatbball.jpg
    flatheadcatbball.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 104
  • flatheadcatbball1.jpg
    flatheadcatbball1.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Ill have to post some pictures of the bass ive caught around these parts. I hope to do some sturgeon fishing at some point as well.

minibass.jpg

I got this in my email from my dad it said the other day titled,

"I caught you this delicious bass."

Here are some of his other catches.
dadcatch.jpg

dadbass7lb8oz.jpg

dadbass8.jpg

dadbass6.jpg

dadbass4.jpg

dadbass1.jpg

dadbass.jpg

some nice bass there. saltwater fishing is fun because you catch bigger fish and many of them are excellent to eat... but, i have a soft spot for bass fishing. its so peaceful to get out on a lake and catch some bass. its certainly less work and less expensive than offshore saltwater fishing. i feel like bass fishing its more of a "me vs fish" thing, since i only use artificial lures and bass (particularly in larger lakes) can be hard to figure out at times.

in my life i have been lucky enough to catch 2 bass over 10lbs and about 10 more that were 7lbs or better. and i now make it a mission every spring when they are bedding to go for trophy size bass. i want a true bucketmouth... something 14 lbs or bigger.

next time I go down to West Palm, I got to hook up with you. Hell, I might move there if I could ever find a buyer for my house.

You wouldn't happen to know of a helicopter inspector that has a huge goatee and has a nick name of "California Bob"?

west palm area is a pretty nice place to live :D ill take you fishing, i always like an excuse to go.

and i dont know any helicopter inspectors lol... i know a good bit of people in the boating/marina world but thats about it. im a boat mechanic.

next time I go down to West Palm, I got to hook up with you.

Truth. Ive been fishing a lot recently, but I dont have a boat and really no experience outside of fishing for bass and trout.

Would love to fish for some ocean creatures like halibut, perch and such. Shit, Ill even do all the cooking and put some special chinese recipe for you.:ph34r:

down in south florida the best eating fish that you can catch regularly would be snapper(yellowtail, mutton, mangrove), grouper, dolphin(mahi), snook, various mackerels and tunas.

i do love to eat fish, but i mostly fish for sport. if i happen to catch fish that are good to eat then ill keep them. i threw back several large kingfish the other day, but the snapper always gotta come home with me!

71566_1375049709576_1631824313_910196_5098371_n.jpg

67481_1375092630649_1631824313_910293_4086310_n.jpg

Guy I went with today didn't want the Porgie he caught, so I took it home, turned it into sashimi...and god I want to go catch more of these.... Also the Porgie are just a little out of season...which we both didn't know.:ph34r:

But I also caught 2 decent striped bass', but had to throw them back because they were too small. Fun day in the sound, got more fish there in one afternoon than I got on the river all week. Going back out when the weather is decent again.

thats awesome man, i need to do some good fishing.

i havent been going as much over the last couple months. i did get a limit of mangrove snapper a couple weeks ago. also did some freshwater bass fishing the other morning. nothing really picture worthy though. Those porgies are good to eat, we have a couple different kinds down here. a lot of people dont keep them, but if i catch one about 12" or better, hes going home with me. i always just filet and fry them though, nice white flaky meat. there's no regulation on them here either.

after this weeks storm is over, I want to go troll this breaker a few times with the kayak with some live bait and shad plastics. Launch from that little beach there, maybe sat morning or sunday morning. Spend a few hours there, then head home and maybe have the outback cleaned up.

west haven - Google Maps

I thought the thread title said FISTING.

I am leaving this thread...

Back