Fishing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie Method #1.

Fillet fish.
Cut into smaller bite sized portions.
Dip sauce will be soy sauce with wasabi stirred in...

enjoy.

Airjockie Method #2.

Fillet Fish.
Get large sheet of aluminum foil.
Smear a large portion of foil with cold hard butter big enough to put fish on. Make sure butter covers 100% of foil. Leave a few chunks of butter to add flavor.
Chop a few mini-red potatoes in half, chop up a few shitake mushrooms without stems, if you have any enoki mushrooms, add a few stacks, salt and pepper the fillet, sometimes onion slices, a few large jumbo shrimp de-veined and peeled, a few slices of green peppers, and a dash of garlic...dash meaning one or two skins chopped up finely.
wrap up tightly with the foil, place it on another foil to be able to grab out of the oven, and not to have any drippings make a mess. Cook for 20-30 minutes on 400 degrees in an oven. enjoy with a glass of white or red wine, and a bowl of white sticky rice, and a nice tossed salad.

Airjockie Method #1.

Fillet fish.
Cut into smaller bite sized portions.
Dip sauce will be soy sauce with wasabi stirred in...

enjoy.

Airjockie Method #2 ... and a bowl of white sticky rice, and a nice tossed salad.

lol so asian. if you start eating sweet rice with red beans as a dessert, then you are becoming TOO asian.

I should go fishing with you next year.

I've got to be nuts....

sitting in a plastic kayak in 40 degree temps, 15-20 mph winds, swells 3-4 feet high, white caps and water spray all day. from 8 am to about 1:30... and finally made the limit on black fish for one day.

I feel great.... :rimshot:

148300_1407230714081_1631824313_967119_924626_n.jpg

149177_1407306955987_1631824313_967243_2990334_n.jpg

:cool:

Those are keepers? Wow. Little fishies.

I'm more of a chinook or silver fisher myself. But you need downriggers, etc.

what the heck kind of fish are them. I never seen them before.

Tautog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe the best fish meat ever, since all it does is eat crabs, oysters, and clams. Too hard to catch commercially, since they hide in rocks all day, their tails are powerful, so a tiny little one even puts up a fight...and once they get back in the rocks...your line will break or snag. I've had some huge ones on the hook...they just flick their tail and snaps the line on 30lb mono.

They may be small...but the fight is fun.

154212_1411843389395_1631824313_974459_7133871_n.jpg

4 more from yesterday. Today and tomorrow the weather looks rough, next decent day going again to get that huge one...... I've love to land a 36 inch one just to say I did it.

cool thanks for that info they look fun to catch.. I only fish for catfish and sometimes bass.. me and my friend both caught a 15-20 bass at a farm pond, talking about a fight damn, I caught mine on a ultra light pole with 6lb test and a little warmouth bait. My friend was catfishing with a large bluegill and pulled in the monster bass would of been a state record if the damn thing didnt snap the chain stringer it was on. I know shouldn't have put in on it but we didn't have a cooler. But I like catfishing better more relaxing I go all night and always catch a buzz sometimes more than fish.

I lost faith in chain stringers, I now double up links as seen in that pick for the large ones. Or use a huge rope they can't bite thru.:p

yeah we was pissed of I mean this was a monster bass you could put damn near your hole arm in its mouth, its head was the size of a cantelope. god I still dream about it, but now we can't go back out to the pond or we might get shot...

found the secret for the big ones. Hook them, pull them up just out of the rocks...and let them swim and fight till they are tired. First hook, first crab...and a 2 minute playing around...landed a huge 23-24" tog into the kayak. Then played the hole some more and pulled up a 19" tog, and then a 14" tog...and the tide went out...and no bites.

Found out another secret. :(

Don't hook a chain fishing stringer to a carabeaner on the kayak. Somewhere in the sound are 3 decent tog's swimming around connected at the mouth by a stringer. I guess they swam in a few circles...and twisted up the chain enough to get the carabeaner latch to open and they popped off. :angry:

that was a few days ago.

went out yesterday, feels like the good togs have left the breaker. No hard bites, just nibbles. landed six tog's, 3 keepers...and 3 small guys. not even pic worthy. Sitting out there from 8am to 3pm, high to low tide...and hit the slack tide... I think they moved on. I'd like to do it one more time, but now the water temp has passed my safe level for hypothermia with my wet-suit...and I don't have the funds right now for a drysuit. Plus it will be hard to rinse the boat with fresh water once the garden hose is frozen.

Time to call it a year. But I think it was cool that I was a newb that found out how to do it and do it well.

This is going to be long winter. :(

went out today for the first time a in good while. it was nice out, little bumpy but manageable. fish were certainly biting, caught several tasty dolphin, so thats for dinner tonight. had to fight my way through a bunch of bonita (a kind of tuna thats not good to eat) to pick up the dolphin but it was worth it. first time ive broke a sweat from fighting fish in a while. saw some sailfish free jump and i think i hooked one, but i got broke off. was by myself so didnt take many pictures, nothing too huge and picture worthy anyways.

dolphin003.jpg

Back