1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitment Question

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by Battle Pope, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

As some (probably none) of you may have seen in my other (admittedly few) topics, I drive a 5th gen Civic DX Coupe. D15z6 engine, IIRC. Anyway, since the F22 would be a complete waste of time, I have started looking at turbo kits. I've seen some attractively priced kits that are marketed for the 92-95 Civic EX/SI, but not the DX really. What I am wondering is, will a kit (mainly the manifold) for a EX/SI fit a DX engine? I know there are differences in the engines - I'm not a retard (I don't think), but are the differences enough that I should just scrap the kit idea and try to piecemeal one from components?

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

the mnaifold will bolt up fine. the exhaust studs are the same.

some of the piping might not bolt up perfectly though

3. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

Any idea offhand what might interfere? I don't really want to beg/borrow/steal (possibly buy :p ) a kit and have to fudge it up fitting it. <_<

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

where the intake bolts to the throttle body is porbably going to be slightly off...

5. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

By "slightly" I'm getting a vibe of "acceptable" or "workable"... Either way, I guess. Better than a hoborigged setup :p

6. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

if you want to make sure it all fit right you can put an 5th gen si intake manifold on your motor. It will bolt up, and you will see gains from it, the turbo kit will also fit a lot better too.

7. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

Nice suggestion, although at this point I am going to be swapping in a D16 from a civic EX, so assuming my current trans will work, I don't have to change motor mounts, and I can find a wiring harness fairly cheap, the turbo should fit exactly.

The kit is one of the new Edelbrock kits - it was a display at my speedshop so I picked it up for a song!

(EDIT: and by wiring harness I meant ECU :p )

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted